A quick favor, height of frame tube from floor...

• sheik*yerbouti
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
21 Mar 2007 21:10 #122422 by sheik*yerbouti
I need the distance from the floor, to a fixed point on the bike when upright and with both tires on the floor.

The reason I ask is because my project is in pieces, hubs cut out of rims off to powdercoat, and I've just raised the seat rails about 2-3", plus fabbed up a little subframe above those to meet my H2R fiberglass tail. I'm toying with peg positions, and it kind of depends on how high the seat height is going to be.

My frame and wheels are 1981 KZ1000 CSR. So any J-motor LTD, CSR, etc would be prefered.

If someone could help me out and give me a vertical measurement from the floor to swingarm bolt, floor to frame rail under motor, etc., that would be awesome. Really awesome. I have a feeling I now have a 33-34" seat height frame.

Here is where I'm at:

And here is where I'm going:

Post edited by: sheik*yerbouti, at: 2007/03/22 00:11

Post edited by: sheik*yerbouti, at: 2007/03/22 08:26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sheik*yerbouti
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
22 Mar 2007 12:01 #122566 by sheik*yerbouti
Replied by sheik*yerbouti on topic A quick favor, height of frame tube from floor...
I was hoping someone could bust out the tape measure for me and give me a quick and dirty measurement as requested in my first post. I would really appreciate it. If you thought about helping me out but don't have a J model, don't let that stop you I just need to get an idea of the height so I know what I'm working with.

A professional welder of 20 years is going to go over my work visually and with a TIG setup tonight, and I was hoping to have this simple measurement so I could just con him into welding in some bungs for my rearsets while he is over.

Thanks to anyone who can bail me out!

More
22 Mar 2007 18:29 #122666 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic A quick favor, height of frame tube from floor...
Measurements taken on my '82 KZ1100 shaft.

Floor to center off swing arm bolt 14"
Floor to top of frame rail below seat 26":
Floor to top of seat cushion (lowest point) 30"

Hope this helps.

Just for laughs, My 750 Bobber seat height is 23.5"

Post edited by: FloridaBiker, at: 2007/03/22 21:32

More
22 Mar 2007 18:31 #122667 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic A quick favor, height of frame tube from floor...
Floor to center of frame rail under motor 9"

• sheik*yerbouti
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Mar 2007 08:58 #122827 by sheik*yerbouti
Replied by sheik*yerbouti on topic A quick favor, height of frame tube from floor...
FloridaBiker wrote:

Floor to center of frame rail under motor 9"

Hey thanks man, I appreciate you taking the time to do that!

If anyone else has a closer match to an 81 CSR 1000 then by all means let me know, even though i would think any difference to be minimal.

Thanks again FLAbiker.