need help with my swingarm project

More
10 Mar 2007 02:38 #118870 by badboie
need help with my swingarm project was created by badboie
I've got a 1981 KZ750 LTD. I'm looking at this 2005-06 KAWASAKI 636 ZX6 REAL WHEEL WITH SHOCK/SWINGARM setup that I can buy and I was wondering if anyone knows the specs or dimensions of this swing arm so I can do a check to see what all I will need to do in order to make this swing arm work at all. I may not be able to but I would like some help if anyone could offer some. Thanks for anyones help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2007 09:27 #118942 by badboie
Replied by badboie on topic need help with my swingarm project
anyone got anything?

More
11 Mar 2007 09:20 #119203 by badboie
well I put an order on it so I'm just gonna wing it because nobody offered anyhelp... thanks. :angry:

More
11 Mar 2007 17:39 #119305 by steell
Replied by steell on topic need help with my swingarm project
badboie wrote:

well I put an order on it so I'm just gonna wing it because nobody offered anyhelp... thanks. :angry:

You are asking for pretty specific info, and there is a real possibility that no one here has done what you are attempting to do.
Maybe you get to be the first :)

KD9JUR

More
11 Mar 2007 18:13 #119312 by indykaw77
Replied by indykaw77 on topic need help with my swingarm project
steell raises a good point.....I doubt anyone has dimensions or "specs" at their disposal for this particular arm.
That being said....there are ALOT of projects here that folks have come up with that few, if ANY other members have thought of or attempted, let alone been able to offer help with. With this swap you're doing, you will have a chance perhaps in the future to offer advise/tips.....or warn everyone off if it CANNOT be done.
The projects forum and the archives are great places to research this particular endeavor (swingarm/monoshock conversion). Be advised that spacers may need fabbed up for pivot area.....upper shock mount welded in...offset sprocket might be needed.....hell the list is endless. Thats part of the fun....learning and perhaps sharing the experience. I, for one, wish you luck and hope to see progress pics and reports as you go.

Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

More
11 Mar 2007 19:47 #119333 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic need help with my swingarm project
OK, calm down, some ppl dont log in every day, and sometimes they dont look at everything new, give it a few before you get mad.
I had to narrow the swingarm I have on my 650 to get it to fit, I assume you will have to do the same. you need to make shock mounts too. and theres other stuff to be sorted out, but thts the fun part of fabricating custom stuff;)

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
11 Mar 2007 21:16 #119383 by badboie
no no no, ok so what I was asking is if anyone knew the spec of the KZ swingarm, not the swing arm I am getting. I'm guessing that there has to be someone on here that has that info since there are many different swingarm projects that have or is being done. I already know the specs of the swingarm that I've placed an order on. I look back and I see that I messed up with what I asked so I'm sorry for the confusion. I ment the KZ's swing arm. :blush: :pinch: