Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Will it leak? 03 Dec 2005 12:45 #11595

• OKC_Kent
  • OKC_Kent's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
If i fill my fuel tank to the top when it is on the centerstand, (when i winterize it) will it leak from the cap if it has to be placed on the sidestand? I'm looking to see if any has done this before i try it. My fuel cap gasket is new.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will it leak? 03 Dec 2005 14:49 #11604

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
If you fill it with mix for your two stroke yard tools and slosh it around a bit it won't rust and you can drain and use for the yard tools come spring.

As for leaking, I don't know, I've never filled tank to the top on any of my bikes because I alwasy fill on the side stand.

-Duck

Will it leak? 03 Dec 2005 16:34 #11622

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, it will. Or, at least, mine did when I filled it with the bike upright. :blink:

Will it leak? 03 Dec 2005 16:48 #11624

• OKC_Kent
  • User
OK, thanks.
Oklahoma City, OK

Will it leak? 05 Dec 2005 07:44 #11855

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Kent, how long are you putting it away for in OKC? we're in central Missouri, and it works out to no more than 2 weeks at a time for us. Maybe a dose of seafoam and riding when the weather's good would be okay. I works here for us, along with regular scheduled maintenance throughout the winter.

Will it leak? 05 Dec 2005 11:25 #11888

• OKC_Kent
  • User
I don't know how long it will be Ron... I Stabil'ed the gas tank, hooked up the battery tender, and will try to get her out when it warms up. I hope there will be a a day or two every few weeks around here where I can get out for a quick ride. I also changed the oil a few hundred miles ago. I do have to clean it up and polish it, :whistle:

I stopped riding to work when it got below 40 in the morning. I don't have any warm pants, overalls, etc. and it was a pain stripping off long underwear at work, just to put it back on to go home.

I see a guy on a Suzuki cruiser every day going to work. He's got some overalls, and who knows what else underneath. He looks like a stuffed sausage. :P
Oklahoma City, OK

• Page: