chassis specs.

More
22 Feb 2007 04:06 #114352 by steell
Replied by steell on topic chassis specs.
Mods can see IP numbers on every post, so we usually know when someone is back. Some that have had their accounts deleted have come back with different usernames, and we just watch to see if they are going to behave this time.

So just let it ride :)

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2007 08:36 #114407 by vipex
Replied by vipex on topic chassis specs.
steell wrote:

Mods can see IP numbers on every post, so we usually know when someone is back. Some that have had their accounts deleted have come back with different usernames, and we just watch to see if they are going to behave this time.

So just let it ride :)

thanks for that.....i believe I am behaving (better..:woohoo: ).....and really just hanging out and gathering data.....chassis data for now......Once again is there a text printed or online detailing the KZ chassis dimensions?....I have yet to contact Kawi but that I believe will prove to be fruitless. Unless anyone would be able to use there own micrometer to do some measuring for me. Please let me know by email or PM ( iwill make it wort there time)...that way I can pass on the details (of what I require) and not clog up the forum threads.

More
22 Feb 2007 08:38 #114409 by vipex
wireman wrote:

are you and firemun related by any chance?:whistle:

we were seperated at birth..........:laugh:

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
22 Feb 2007 08:53 #114413 by Duck
Replied by Duck on topic chassis specs.
you could go to aftermarket shock suppliers, cross reference their part numbers with bike model numbers, and then buy one of each part number. You could refine this information by researching www and usenet news for people bitching about these aftermarket parts not fitting. you might then visit a number of classic motorcycle events and with calipers and permission, measure the questionable models.

this is the way to do product fitment research on the cheap.

you might even hire someone to do it for you at an hourly rate, someone experienced and honest as reflected by his huge hourly rate

PM me ;-)

More
22 Feb 2007 09:50 #114424 by vipex
Duck wrote:

you could go to aftermarket shock suppliers, cross reference their part numbers with bike model numbers, and then buy one of each part number. You could refine this information by researching www and usenet news for people bitching about these aftermarket parts not fitting. you might then visit a number of classic motorcycle events and with calipers and permission, measure the questionable models.

this is the way to do product fitment research on the cheap.

you might even hire someone to do it for you at an hourly rate, someone experienced and honest as reflected by his huge hourly rate

PM me ;-)

Your suggestions have alot of merit.

Here is another approach. If anyone here would be willing to ship me ( at my expense of course - by paypal) an OEM shock from their respective KZ I would then ship it back to you within 2 weeks and guarentee NOT to disassemble it that would work really well - yes there would be something in it for you. I hope I am not breaking any forum rules by throwing that out there.

The cross referencing at aftermarket shops works to some degree but can be inaccurate - that I know from personal experience.

• wireman
  • Visitor
22 Feb 2007 12:37 #114470 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic chassis specs.
vipex wrote:

wireman wrote:

are you and firemun related by any chance?:whistle:

we were seperated at birth..........:laugh:

i know the feeling,i was seperated at marriage from a certain part of my self!:blush: :P

More
23 Feb 2007 17:55 #114836 by vipex
anyone with a pair of OEM KZ1000 shocks they would like to loan?.....for 2 weeks

More
23 Feb 2007 18:28 #114842 by steell
vipex wrote:

anyone with a pair of OEM KZ1000 shocks they would like to loan?.....for 2 weeks

I think you would need shocks off the various models and years of KZ1000's in order to get accurate info.

KD9JUR

More
23 Feb 2007 19:36 #114850 by vipex
steell wrote:

vipex wrote:

I think you would need shocks off the various models and years of KZ1000's in order to get accurate info.

Thanks for the info.....i do however need a starting point. Anyone who would like to assist I can email you a tech drawing if you are willing to use your micrometer and fill in the blanks.....yes there will be something in it for you.

cheers.......

More
24 Feb 2007 08:15 #114949 by vipex
the response has been great thus far....however if you are a KZ rider who would like to provide some data regarding your bikes rear shocks, it would be greatly appreciated....and potentially rewarding for you....just PM me.....thanks....B)

More
08 Mar 2007 13:08 #118423 by vipex
vipex wrote:

the response has been great thus far....however if you are a KZ rider who would like to provide some data regarding your bikes rear shocks, it would be greatly appreciated....and potentially rewarding for you....just PM me.....thanks....B)

just bumping this thread in order to encourage a few volunteers who would consider loaning me an OEM shock for comparison sake.....i will pay shipping in both directions and will need your shock for about 10 days....please PM me if interested. I will make it worth your while.......cheers.

I only need a single shock

Post edited by: vipex, at: 2007/03/08 16:12

More
08 Mar 2007 15:45 #118454 by steell
Well, if you want a 76-80 750 twin shock, just pay shipping one way and you can throw it away when you are done :)

KD9JUR