Front caliper upgrade

More
13 Feb 2007 18:11 #112161 by Jay_G
Front caliper upgrade was created by Jay_G
i would like to do a front brake caliper upgrade on my GT-750 (kz750-p1) stock forks and i am after something that is basicly a bolt on or requires a relatively simple adaptor plate, i dont want to have to get $400 worth of machining done in billet alloy, as i will more than likely upgrade the entire front end in a year or two.

measuring the holes on the forks it is 72mm between centres.

pics would be great too.

thanks

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
13 Feb 2007 19:11 #112175 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Front caliper upgrade
ive been looking for some period correct semi bolt on calipers for my turbo project.PT mentioned that cop bike calipers were true 2 piston calipers instead of the singles that came on most bikes i just havent had time to investigate it further yet;)

More
17 Feb 2007 22:31 #113254 by Jay_G
Replied by Jay_G on topic Front caliper upgrade
well i have won some zzr 600 4 piston calipers on e-bay so i will let you guys know how i go in a few weeks.

More
18 Feb 2007 08:29 #113310 by tobiism
Replied by tobiism on topic Front caliper upgrade
Jay_G wrote:

well i have won some zzr 600 4 piston calipers on e-bay so i will let you guys know how i go in a few weeks.

Hello, do you have mags or spoked rims? I ask because I wanted to use my Nissin 4-pots but they will not work with the stock diameter rotors and spoked rims. The calipers are too wide and hit the spokes. With larger diameter rotors it wouldn't be an issue. Not sure about mags though, they might provide the necessary clearance.
Matt

More
02 Dec 2008 16:08 #250422 by TravisGlamuzina
Replied by TravisGlamuzina on topic Front caliper upgrade
I just picked up two 1990 ZX6R calipers(two pot) from fleabay for 19.00 a piece shipped. They are REAL close on the stock mounting holes on Z1 fork sliders, which are a-bit closer than 1000 sliders.I'll either have to widen the holes about 2mm or fabricate adapter plates, I'll probably do the latter as this is easy for me. They do clear both Lester mags and Suzuki Enki mags, four pots are a-bit close for old style rims as there is a piston on either side of the pad. the ZX 6R calipers are virtually identical to ZX250 or 500s, but there are two as the 6 came with duel brakes in the front. I have heard of triple owners using ZX500 calipers and I stumbled across these, they were cheap, and at a glance seem to bolt up nicely.