Looking for a complete replacement

More
11 Feb 2007 06:18 #111489 by schmol
Looking for a complete replacement was created by schmol
bolt set for a '82 KZ750R1. I don't need the engine bolts, just looking for what is used on the frame.

Anyone know of a manufacturer that offers this set?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
11 Feb 2007 06:50 #111494 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Looking for a complete replacement
I've never seen the frame bolts offered in a set/kit anywhere, just the engine bolt sets like on eBay.

That doesn't mean that they aren't offered like that, just means that I haven't seen any.

Have you tried contacting one of the numerous suppliers that list the engine bolt sets on eBay to see if they offer a frame bolt kit for your bike yet?

You could always look up the bolt sizes on buykawasaki.com for your bike, then just hit up a local hardware or fastener specialty store near you to get what you need. That way you don't get stuck with bolts that you either don't need, or don't want to replace on your bike that might normally come in a set offered by someone.

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
11 Feb 2007 08:10 #111512 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic Looking for a complete replacement
Your old ones all banged up, or you just looking to replace them with different ones? Home Depot has a huge selection of bolts. You can even replace the stock hex-head bolts with allen type. I replaced the carb bowl screws from phillips head to allen head(come in a 2 pack, [not the rapper] :blink: ) with washers(come 4 to a pack), so now I won't have to fight to get thos few that are messed up off. Neilage gets credit for this one.B)

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

More
11 Feb 2007 10:48 #111561 by schmol
Replied by schmol on topic Looking for a complete replacement
Mine are all pretty rusty and look like crap. I don't want to go through all of the restoration and put crappy bolts back on her.

• pstrbrc
  • User
  • '81 GPz 1100 project
More
11 Feb 2007 11:04 #111563 by pstrbrc
Replied by pstrbrc on topic Looking for a complete replacement
schmol wrote:

Mine are all pretty rusty and look like crap. I don't want to go through all of the restoration and put crappy bolts back on her.

I know the feeling. Since you have the bike apart (you have it apart now?) take all the ones that look like hardware store size to a real hardware store, and have a clerk help you find replacements. Metrics don't come in grade 5 or grade 8, they come in (IIRC) 8.8 and 10.8. If I'me wrong somebody correct me. The 8.8 is roughly equivilent to a grade 5, the 10.8 about a grade 8. I love grade 8/10.8. See my signiture!;)
Now, if you find replacements for the engine mounting bolts, let me know where you got them! I'm looking at the vestiges of chrome on mine and wondering myself what I'm going to do with them. Dechrome and powdercoat, maybe?:dry:

\'81 GPz 1100 project
Elkhart, Kansas USA
\"Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.\" Groucho Marx

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
11 Feb 2007 12:16 #111581 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Looking for a complete replacement
I guess I'm just lucky/fortunate.

Within a 10 minute drive from my house there's a bearing only specialty shop (Quality Bearing) where I can get bearings for anything I need, and a fastener specialty shop (King Bolt) where I can purchase any bolt/nut/etc known to man, as well as steel-braided fuel line and clamps, spark plug boots and wire by the length, etc. And the prices at both places beat Kawi stealership prices for the same stuff by a long shot!
And about 20 minutes away there's a place (can't recall the name) that offers made-to-order steel-braided hydraulic lines = brake hoses!

Heck, if I had the start-up funds, I could buy the bolts, bearings and specific length brake lines in bulk to sell to KZr members at cheaper than eBay prices, and STILL make a profit! :whistle:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
More
11 Feb 2007 21:30 #111739 by wagonmaster69
Replied by wagonmaster69 on topic Looking for a complete replacement
Hey Retro are you talking abought the place just north of the 10fwy off of Grand? Let me know weare I am going to need bearings and some bolts and thingys for mine dimond in the ruff ruff:silly:

78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.
Attachments: