Yet another front end swap Q...

More
08 Feb 2007 23:22 #111110 by Urbandrag
Yet another front end swap Q... was created by Urbandrag
Hey Guys!...

This is my first post in the new forum!... BTW, it looks killer and it's pretty friendly!...
I made a couple of posts in the older forum...
Well...
Here I go...
Of course I previously made a search, but I couldn't find what I'm looking for...
I have a KZ750E frame, a ZX11C front and rear end, and a 750 Turbo engine...
First thing First!...
My first step in my project is to install the front end, and according my progress I will ask about rear end and motor mounting!...
I've been doing some research, and I found that KZ750E steering stem is 30mm diameter in the lower and upper question, correct if I wrong... ZX11 stem is 30mm in the lower section and 28mm in the upper section.
It seems the best way is to insert a KZ750E stem in the ZX11 lower triple tree, right?...
HOw do I remove the stock ZX11 stem?...
Also, what about bearings?...
Can somebody tell me the p/n for the stock KZ750E bearings?...
Is there any replacement from SKF, for example?...
I think that's all...
If you have any other advice or suggestion it will be welcomed...

Thanks in advance!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
09 Feb 2007 02:19 #111115 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic Yet another front end swap Q...
You've come to the right place!

I'm not sure if the ZX stem is pressed in or welded in, but if you take it to a machine shop they should be able to help you out.

For bearings (and lots of other KZ parts) look no further than Z1 Enterprises .

If you have any turbo specific questions, Lorcan Parnell is a member here, he knows pretty much everything there is to know about those. (He's had his up to 211 mph!)

Address any carburetor issues to wiredgeorge.

Electrical questions go to loudhvx.

Heating, ventilation and air conditioning questions can be readily fielded by Wireman.

And I... I can answer your musical equipment questions I guess...

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
09 Feb 2007 02:50 #111116 by caffcruiser
Replied by caffcruiser on topic Yet another front end swap Q...
Before you go grinding away, contact All Balls Racing! Tell them what frame you have (so they know the bearings outer diameters) and then tell them that you need the upper bearings ID to be 28mm, and the lower bearings ID to be 30mm.

They *may* have a bearing upgrade kit in their custom abilities that will allow you to upgrade to better bearings, and drop the new stem in.

The thing you have to consider though it length of the stems.

I have to get to work, but I'll check back and post up the drawing of how I did mine for you. Have fun! :)

More
09 Feb 2007 05:05 #111120 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Yet another front end swap Q...
Check out www.750turbo.com they have a front end swaps forum with lots of info.

KD9JUR

More
10 Feb 2007 01:29 #111317 by Urbandrag
Replied by Urbandrag on topic Yet another front end swap Q...
Thanks for the warm welcome!...:)

Guitargeek... Thanks for the quick guide... I'll keep it in mind... Lorcan is my source of inspiration when we talk about 750 Turbos... Finally, I saw an almost decent (I say almost because, I had liked to see more pages about Lorcan's beast) feature in the Streetfighters Magazine 2 months ago!. I'm also member of his forum, but I'm not a regular visitor because I'm busy with another Kawi project, and as I'm finishing that project, I (slowly) started this new one, so when I finish to mount the ends and engine, and start struggling with engine headaches, of course, I will contact him and visit his forum more often.
Indeed, I found an interesting front end swap using a ZX11 front end in 750turbo.com forums!...
But...
Caffcruiser, YOU ARE THE MAN!...
I didn't know that site!... Thanks a lot!...
I think it would be easier, cheaper and 'safer' (I already dented -slightly- the ZX11 lower triple tree trying to remove the stem! :pinch: ).
I will contact ABR asap to see what they got!.
Thanks again, caffcruiser.
I will look forward for your drawing!.

Later!.:) :) :)