pro street mods/need some assistance

More
14 Jan 2007 13:39 #105599 by Heavy- Z
pro street mods/need some assistance was created by Heavy- Z
i have 78 kz1000a (pictures page 2) it is listed under flat black. i want to do some pro street mods and was wondering what was the most affordable way to stretch, lower and beef up this bike. I have seen swingarms and front ends on ebay but want to buy what will need the least amount of labor to make it work. I could talk about this stuff for days so any longwinded mechanics that want to shed some light my way would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
14 Jan 2007 16:16 #105641 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic pro street mods/need some assistance
strip it down to its bones and stuff a really big motor and a turbo in it!;)

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2007/01/14 19:18
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
14 Jan 2007 16:32 #105645 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic pro street mods/need some assistance
lowering the front forks and putting short shocks on back is an easy way to improve the looks and handling on one of these bikes,a suzuki gs1100 swingarm is an other common upgrade but just about any swingarm can be grafted on depending on how carried away you wan to get.you may have to clearance the rear footpeg brackets just a little on your ltd frame to clear differant swingarm you just have to check when you trial fit everything;)

More
16 Jan 2007 12:29 #106096 by kawadruida
Replied by kawadruida on topic pro street mods/need some assistance
Leave it as it´s right now, man! Sweet looking bike, what more do you need, anyway?

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygal...&func=detail&id=1916

Personally I always prefer the standard look, but it´s a matter of taste...:)

More
16 Jan 2007 21:38 #106232 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic pro street mods/need some assistance
Are you wanting to get a wider rim and tire in the back? keeping dual shocks or going to a mono setup? moving to the front, are you wanting USD forks or sticking with the regular style(only newer for better handling)? you will most likely have to get a wheel that matches the forks to avoid headaches. new multi-pistoned brake calipers up front to match? and motor? going huge gets costly is it stock?
Scott

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
19 Jan 2007 01:39 #106754 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic pro street mods/need some assistance
The list is endless.I would advise you to look through the members gallery,and the projects.Try to get a feel for the general look and shape(long and low ,high and short) you want.Then pick peices from each project bike that you like and start searching ebay or the reckers for the parts.Dont just try to find the easiast job.Most are not too difficult if you stay with dual shocks. Maybe just do the rear end first then when you find the fornt do it.Find the front end, and rear end that you really like and biuld YOUR dream bike.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)