Help with my steering

More
17 Jan 2007 11:59 #106347 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Help with my steering
As soon as my parts come in from Z1 I will get to work. My whole front end needs work now. Steering, forks and brakes.

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2007 07:42 #106592 by KaZooCruiser
Replied by KaZooCruiser on topic Help with my steering
kzwolfsr wrote:

As soon as my parts come in from Z1 I will get to work. My whole front end needs work now. Steering, forks and brakes.

. . .oh yeah, and ummm. . .axle bearings. . .those rotating thingies that can lock up at really inconvenient times. . . .:woohoo:

www.allballsracing.com/bearing_and_seal_kits.htm

. . .motorcycling is supposed to be a balance between pleasure and panic, not pleasure and pain. .

More
20 Jan 2007 05:53 #106997 by kzwolfsr
Yeah I know Kazoo. I am waiting on a good day above freezing here in denver to work on the bike. I am not riding it till I figure it out. I figured out that problem with the steering the second time I ever rode the bike

1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H

More
20 Jan 2007 07:05 #107009 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Help with my steering
Any motorcycle that uses the crappy ball bearings in the steering stem will have a spot when the front wheel is dead straight that will feel like it clicks in. This is normal road damage from potholes ect, however this click should only be noticable with no weight on the front wheel.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
20 Jan 2007 14:39 #107133 by kzwolfsr
I felt it with weight on the front wheel, but now I dont feel it at all. Is there such a thing as miraculously disappeared. Plus today i put those european bars I bought from z1. I will have some pics as soon as I clean it up

Post edited by: kzwolfsr, at: 2007/01/20 17:41