changing front sprocket: check me!

More
03 Jan 2007 20:24 #103279 by apollo63740
Replied by apollo63740 on topic changing front sprocket: check me!
I just left the rear wheel on with someone (or in my case a cinder block :whistle: ) holding the rear brake until I had the nut broke loose then took the rear wheel off before returning to the sprocket. Took about 20 minutes including smoke brakes before running it down the road again.:) Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pstrbrc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '81 GPz 1100 project
More
03 Jan 2007 20:37 #103281 by pstrbrc
Replied by pstrbrc on topic changing front sprocket: check me!
apollo63740 wrote:

I just left the rear wheel on with someone (or in my case a cinder block :whistle: ) holding the rear brake until I had the nut broke loose then took the rear wheel off before returning to the sprocket. Took about 20 minutes including smoke brakes before running it down the road again.:) Good luck.

Yeah, that's the problem. The bike is already seriously in pieces. The rear wheel is off at the nearest bike shop (60 miles away) getting a new tire mounted and having the disks ground. 'Course, the shocks are off (being replaced with Harly air shocks) and the swing arm is prepped and ready for paint. I just couldn't do it the easy way!:S

\'81 GPz 1100 project
Elkhart, Kansas USA
\"Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.\" Groucho Marx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.