progressive rate springs vs diff. forks

More
29 Dec 2006 21:18 #102454 by nads.com
progressive rate springs vs diff. forks was created by nads.com
I'd like to do some cornering but i don't trust my kz900. Would progressive springs make things happen for the front end or should i be shopping for some other forks? And the rear is on my mind too. From riding a few dirt bikes, i'm of the impression that a monoshock may be the only setup worth even messing with. But hell i dont even know what i'm talking about. I'm not looking for world class performance, I'd just like to be able to swing in behind a new bike on an off ramp and keep up without putting myself in danger. Something tells me not to push the bike in this manner or something bad will happen, something unpredictable and possibly sudden, as to where i can't back out. I don't like that feeling that's all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2006 21:50 #102456 by steell
Replied by steell on topic progressive rate springs vs diff. forks
There is a pretty good discussion on this subject going on in this thread , and there seem to be at least a couple of people that know what they are talking about in there, so post the same thing there.

I have to say that your post is not up to your usual standards, I had to check the left side three times to convince myself it was really you posting :)

For a really good suspension, contact Works Performance, probably less than $1000.00 for shocks and fork springs set up for your bike.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/12/30 00:54

KD9JUR

More
30 Dec 2006 10:17 #102494 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic progressive rate springs vs diff. forks
Yeah, for me, new shocks and springs made a world of difference. I got it all at Works. Total was less than $400, but I went with the steel shocks instead of the aluminum.