Modern swingarm is wider than frame pivot... how did you solve that?

More
21 Dec 2006 12:44 #100945 by caffcruiser
How did those of you that are running modern swingarms solve the issue of the frame being too narrow?

Pics would help.

Thanks.

(Just doing research to see if anyone has any ideas I haven't thought of....)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
21 Dec 2006 15:53 #100989 by mark1122
I am in the midle of a zrx12 rear end transplant.I had to remove about .040" from each side of the arm.then when I got it in I discovered that the center did not match the front wheel,so i had to take about .080" off the sprocket side of the arm and make up a shim for the other . Now it is centered.I had to make up a sleave to go over my pivot axle to fit into the sleave of the swing arm.My axle is narrower than the zrx axle.

Post edited by: mark1122, at: 2006/12/22 11:24

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
21 Dec 2006 19:12 #101052 by solomrus
05 636 arm is *just* narrow enough to fit between the rails. i had to have a spot behind(towards rear of bike) milled down to the nominal width of the pivot area to allow the arm to pivot the full arc.

i'll take a pic of it tomorrow and post it for you. probably not exactly what you are looking for, but should illustrate it more aptly than i have with words.

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

More
21 Dec 2006 22:09 #101084 by kawtoy
I narrowed down the swingarm instead of the frame. I just didn't want to chop up the frame too much. I only had to take a few mills off so it was pretty easy.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.