Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

battery chargers 03 Nov 2006 08:34 #89517

• phil
  • phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
sadly i just winterized my baby for the winter. i brought the battery inside. here's my question. i bought a battery tender which apparenty has a trickle charge and shuts off when battery is fully charged. i was wondering if i it's ok to leave the yellow plastic filler plugs in place for the winter with the charger turning on and off when needed .if not , what's the point of the battery tender if you have to keep on removing and replacing the plugs ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

battery chargers 03 Nov 2006 08:46 #89522

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
phil wrote:

sadly i just winterized my baby for the winter. i brought the battery inside. here's my question. i bought a battery tender which apparenty has a trickle charge and shuts off when battery is fully charged. i was wondering if i it's ok to leave the yellow plastic filler plugs in place for the winter with the charger turning on and off when needed .if not , what's the point of the battery tender if you have to keep on removing and replacing the plugs ?

The battery has a seperate vent for releasing gases, if that's what you're worried about. I see no reason to remove the plugs except to add water when it's low.

battery chargers 03 Nov 2006 14:22 #89560

• phil
  • phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks. that's what i thought the overflow tube was for.

• Page: