Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

regulator/ rectifier 25 Oct 2006 21:07 #87400

• agawam
  • agawam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
would these components interchange, like if you had a bike that the regulator blew could you take a reg from another possibly different bike and wire it in, specifically I have a 750 twin and I suspect the regulator spiked and fried the coil lights ect and I have a few KZ650 and CSR305 regulators hanging around, myself I would figure a regulator is a regulator, maybe different between points bikes and CDI bikes, any ideas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

regulator/ rectifier 26 Oct 2006 05:38 #87439

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Some 650 reg/recs will work, it depends on the year of your 750 twin and the year of the 650.

Generally speaking, if the number of yellow wires is the same on both reg/recs, then it will work.

Just to avoid confusion, none of the KZ models had CDI, electronic ignition yes, but it's not CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition).
KD9JUR

regulator/ rectifier 26 Oct 2006 08:03 #87486

• agawam
  • agawam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks, I have 77 78 79 and 2 82 650s and 2 82 305s, I must have someting that will work, oh the CDI thing comes from the triples I have, eletronic ignition is what I should have said

regulator/ rectifier 26 Oct 2006 15:17 #87572

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Yep, triples had CDI, I know that one well :(

I can't remember what year your twin is, but if it is a 78-79 then I think the 78-79 650's will work, but I don't remember for sure.
If they both have the same number of yellow wires (the one that go to the alternator) then they will work, but some rewiring may be required.
KD9JUR

• Page: