Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

dyna coil install 15 Nov 2005 18:34 #8397

• donthekawguy
  • donthekawguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey i got my new coils from Jeff and need to know what wires go where. I had a set of Accel's and they were marked positive and negative with a marker. The Dyna's don't have any markings on them and I need to know if it matters what wire gets hooked to which hole.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

dyna coil install 15 Nov 2005 19:59 #8405

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
Either way around...

just make sure the terminal screws do not come into contact with the mounting bolt. I usually fit the wires , cover the terminals with some tape and then bolt them in place.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

dyna coil install 15 Nov 2005 19:59 #8406

• cudaosix
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Dyna 3ohm, Plug wires 1&4 to one coil, 2&3 to the other. It doesnt matter which hole 1 or 4 plug into on the coil.

Also, it doesnt matter which screw the neg and pos primary wires are hooked to on the coil, just make sure the right primary wires go to the right coil.

Mount em with the towers facing forward so you have enough space. Easy.

I know this only because Jeff explained it to me when I bought mine, coinidence :)

Post edited by: cudaosix, at: 2005/11/15 23:13

dyna coil install 15 Nov 2005 21:31 #8415

• Aloha Mr Hand Z1R
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought a Dyna S setup with the green coils from Jeff too recently and just got it on the bike and running. I did the WG relay deal too. MAN!!! What a difference compared to the stock coils and points (one of which was pitted like a mofo). It went on pretty easy, but those terminals are WAY close to grounding out on the mounting bolt spacer. Why didn't they rotate the connection points 90 degrees? Also, in the instructions Dyna tells you to do all the timing using the advance marks and then goes right into talking about static timing like that's what you're supposed to use, that was a little wierd. Anyway enough for the nits, I just have one question, when timing it statically I had to crank the mounting plate almost ALL the way advanced and the 1-4 pickup ALL the way advanced (the upper mounting screw is barely hanging on) to light up on the F mark. The 2-3 pickup wasn't cranked over quite as far but almost. Is this normal? Are there different advancers? As far as I can tell the T mark does line up with TDC. I haven't had a chance to get the timing light on it yet, The test-ride demons had me out of my head, luckily they were very satisfied. The bike has never run better. NOW I can intelligently sort out my jetting.... and about that handling......

dyna coil install 16 Nov 2005 07:23 #8461

• Grovercan
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is the install doc off dyna's website.

DC1-1 Installation

Also a quick shot of my install....

• Page: