Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

78 KZ 650 start trouble 30 Oct 2006 18:58 #88712

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
It sounded like his IC Igniter smoked. There is no CDI ignition on a 650... The IC Igniter connects to pickup coils under the right side points cover. The IC Igniter also hooks to your coils. Put your bike year/model and your location in your signature. If some kind KZRider member is nearby, they might be able to help.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

78 KZ 650 start trouble 30 Oct 2006 22:22 #88768

• DaytonaFreakBoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
the initial problem you described where it wouldnt do much until hooked up to cables on your car sounds like a bad ground.

been there doen that , and it drove me nuts until i figured it out... that ground was one of the last things i checked, and since that particular experience - its now one of the first things i look at any time i have a bike with a good battery that is still suffering from a slow starter or weak/erratic voltage

sounds like you need to sort your wires and any other issues as a result of smoking the electrical system with those jumper cables ( sorry to hear that too man, i think everybody has mucked something up trying to fix it at some point in their lifetime )

BUT , i am willing to bet that if you clean up the ground for your battery.. at the terminal and the frame , that will take care of the initial problem. good luck bud , Al

Post edited by: DaytonaFreakBoy, at: 2006/10/31 01:23

Post edited by: DaytonaFreakBoy, at: 2006/10/31 08:15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: