Minimum wiring for Kickstarting

More
08 Nov 2005 14:28 #7210 by atomcloud
Minimum wiring for Kickstarting was created by atomcloud
Hey guys, I'm in the very long process of a bob job! And am now ready to hear it run. I want minimal wiring, just looking for enough right know to kick start. Bike is a 75 z1 900.

before:

after:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2005 14:30 #7212 by atomcloud
Replied by atomcloud on topic Minimum wiring for Kickstarting
Lets try that after again

More
08 Nov 2005 15:05 #7215 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic Minimum wiring for Kickstarting
all you will need is the ignition system powered and have a good ground for it. I'm assuming you are using the point setup for this answer to work. If you are you can temporarily wire the battery directly to the hot side of the coils for it to work.

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

More
08 Nov 2005 15:31 #7220 by ~DW~
Replied by ~DW~ on topic Minimum wiring for Kickstarting
And after that ? How bout some simple chopper wireing ?

hondachopper.com/images/simple.wiring.diagram2.jpg

More
09 Nov 2005 06:32 #7304 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Minimum wiring for Kickstarting
That thing looks painful. Struts are the surest way to hemmeroids I know... bwhahahaha

In any case, your question depends on what type ignition you have. See my "coil powering mod" and connect your Dyna S / Kaw electronic ignition or points to the power out wires that will be used to power your coils. You will also need to use some sort of simple switch to cut power from your trigger wire which is hot all the time... In the mod, the igniton switch/kill switch do this but if you don't have those, all that is needed is a simple toggle type switch. With the switch off, the trigger to the relay carries no power and thus no power flows through the relay. When the switch is ON, then it triggers the relay to close and you have power to coils and whatever ignition you have.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
09 Nov 2005 08:26 #7333 by atomcloud
Replied by atomcloud on topic Minimum wiring for Kickstarting
WG- No Pain No Gain!, Seat will have springs, just enough so that I can pretend its comfortable!
Thanks for all the advice, should help me get started on my wiring plan. Bike was a complete basket when I got it, seized pistons, wiring stripped and spider refuge. So am just trying to have fun with this project.

More
15 Dec 2005 20:18 #13412 by wireguy
Replied by wireguy on topic Minimum wiring for Kickstarting
i am sure the kawasaki gods will not look kindly upon these modifications,your only chance to apease them would be to make a list of your left over z1 parts and sell them to me!ha-ha do you still have your tailpiece and sidecovers ,wanna sell em?