Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't remove turn signal bulb... 01 Aug 2006 07:39 #66308

• Robjb84
  • Robjb84's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Well after playing around with my left controls a bit to try and get my horn working (eventually just loosened a screw on the horn and it worked) my left signal stopped working properly.

When i hit the left signal, my control panel light and my rear left signal turn on and stay on. The front left signal doesnt turn on at all, im hoping this is why the other signals arent flashing...

Anyway i opened up the left turn signal housing and was unable to remove the bulb. In fact, the bulb just came out of its housing... I cant get the housing out either, tried with pliars but the metal is way too soft.. any suggestions?

Post edited by: Robjb84, at: 2006/08/01 10:39

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can't remove turn signal bulb... 01 Aug 2006 07:59 #66315

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
soak with ATF and push in and out until it moves against the spring. It should twist out after this. Look at one of your other indicators to learn ow the lamp fits the socket.

I would replace the sockets.They are pretty much toast.

Can't remove turn signal bulb... 01 Aug 2006 08:16 #66317

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Oh yeah that would drive me nuts! I'd have the whole directional off and on my bench being taken apart. Just for a good cleaning/decruding. Thats just picking, scraping, brushing, soaking stuff. Just to see what you got and what you need to make it so there are no headaches down the road. It's part of the Zen! I have to believe that Duck is spot on...those sockets look like toast. I have been fooled before but ya gotta give them some TLC thats for sure! The little parts that can be taken off and worked on the bench are the ones that can make you go WOW! Before and after! Psychs you up to dig deeper! But be careful it won't be long and your bench is covered with bright shiney thingeys! Turns you into a dragon and his booty! Have fun!

Can't remove turn signal bulb... 01 Aug 2006 10:51 #66393

• wireman
  • Visitor
squeeze in the sides of bulb,push in and twist at same time with a pair of needle nose.;)

Can't remove turn signal bulb... 01 Aug 2006 15:36 #66473

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
an old fellow showed me the potato trick.

use a uncooked potato push and twist

works for broken house bulbs too!
hahaha
no really.. those things can be a bitch to get out
good luck

Can't remove turn signal bulb... 02 Aug 2006 06:31 #66610

• Robjb84
  • Robjb84's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Tried the ATF stuff but no dice. Its like the bulb casing was welded into the housing and when I used the needle nose the medal just bent and folded like butter.

I snipped the wire and took the whole assembly out, time to scan the ol ebay for a new turn signal assembly.. *sigh*

• Page: