Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Completely shot right control pod... 29 Jul 2006 23:07 #65821

• Omen87
  • Omen87's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently purchased a 1981 KZ550 LTD. I knew going in the the right pod had failed. Right now the only way to kill the motor is to shut the ignition off. The kill switch and start switch have been completely disconnected. The wires from the pod aren't even there anymore. A starter button has been installed near the left side cover, I'm assuming it's just tapped into the original wiring from the right pod.

Question: How difficult would it be to fix the wiring and does anyone have right pod (kill switch, starter button) lying around for this bike?? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Completely shot right control pod... 30 Jul 2006 01:08 #65825

• Omen87
  • Omen87's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
OK. UPDATE. I started digging more. This thing's wiring is botched something horrible. There are splices all over this bike. Ok, I found the wiring to the right control pod. I had four wires: yellow w/ orange stripe, brown, brown w/ white stripe, and blue w/ white stripe. The solid brown is the headlight, the brown w/ white is the rest of the lights, but only works when the headlight is active, but the headlight will work on it's own. (schwhat?) The brown and brown w/ white were both tied into the blue w/ white. The yellow/orange was cut, but twisted back together. The rigged up starter button is nothing more than two wires going to each terminal of the igniton solenoid. So you push the button and it completes the circuit. (duh) I am assuming that this yellow/orange wire has to do w/ the ignition. It's hot, but doesn't crank the bike or anything. I am so confused. :( I don't know if I just plug a new switch in if everything will work or not.

Completely shot right control pod... 30 Jul 2006 06:57 #65836

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
i have one from a csr 750 1982 that might mork and im not too far from you, dont know what style yours are but i probably have something thatll work
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

• Page: