• Page:

TOPIC:

KZ1000P 25 Jul 2006 05:58 #64502

• Motorman
  • Motorman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and have just purchased my first KZ, a 1994 KZ1000P with only 570 miles. My question is what is the alternator output for this motorcycle?
I would like to add Motolights and or driving lights, and would like to know if it can handle the load.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Motorman

Post edited by: Motorman, at: 2006/07/25 08:59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ1000P 25 Jul 2006 06:11 #64508

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
There's a Yahoo KZ1000P forum that caters specifically to the P-series, and there's people there that can rattle off the spec sheet in their sleep.

Offhand, from the C1A models on up, the copsickles were fitted with heavy duty stators to pick up the additional load imposed by sirens, radios, PA systems and extra lights. My guess is that you can load up with lights pretty much as you please - it'll make more amps.

Another fairly common mod to up the available current was to mount a second battery in one of the saddlebags. Connected in parallel with the existing battery, it'll easily handle any uprated current demands.

Another option is to go LED with your lights - orders of magnitude brighter at a fraction of the current demand...

KZ1000P 25 Jul 2006 06:13 #64510

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
"P" models have a hi output stator and will handle more than what you want to run.

P models will put 20 amps out easily without overheating the stator

• Page: