• Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie in need of some general info 21 Jul 2006 06:24 #63613

• schweelon
  • schweelon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys,

I have a 77 Kz 650 that whomever had it before me really jacked up the electrical and wired 90% of it with speaker wire and various other homemade stuff.

This thing overall is a mess and I want to take everything out and start from scratch as most of it is hanging directly on the chain.

I don't care about the electric start or the signals, I just pretty much want to hook up the headlight, taillight/brake light.

Can someone give me a general idea of the steps I will need to take in order to make it bare bones functional? I don't have a clue. If there is any starter guide to wiring that anyone knows of that would be extremely helpful as well.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie in need of some general info 21 Jul 2006 07:00 #63626

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If you don't understand how to wire the bike already, you might be better off to buy a new junction box and wiring harness off eBay (well a new to you used set up). Make sure that the harness is the same year as your bike so it will be a plug-n-play with the switchgear and ignition. This will GREATLY simplify getting the bike on-track. There have been bare-bones wiring diagrams posted in the recent past in this forum if you are bound to go that route but wiring high/low beams are more difficult than wiring the starter up so consider going the used harness route.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Newbie in need of some general info 21 Jul 2006 07:02 #63627

• schweelon
  • schweelon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Sounds good and thanks

• Page: