Dynatek

More
03 Jul 2024 10:37 #901705 by Wookie58
Replied by Wookie58 on topic Dynatek

If thats the case I will have to rethink the whole thing. I was under the impression along with what other people were saying that Dyna moved production to China. I really hate to support their products if at all possible. I wish they (Dyna) would state in huge writing on their site that says this in so many words. So far I have had good luck with the knock offs but time will tell.  I dont think I would laugh at the knock offs it's gotta be cutting into their business. 

If you look at the ebay adds for the knock offs there may be 20 or so dealers but all of them are out of New Jersey and a few out of California, now I dont think New Jersey has that many motorcycle parts suppliers 
Those eBay adds are world wide, I suspect many are on-line traders operating out of the garage at home

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Jul 2024 20:03 #901761 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Dynatek

If thats the case I will have to rethink the whole thing. I was under the impression along with what other people were saying that Dyna moved production to China. I really hate to support their products if at all possible. I wish they (Dyna) would state in huge writing on their site that says this in so many words. So far I have had good luck with the knock offs but time will tell.  I dont think I would laugh at the knock offs it's gotta be cutting into their business. 

If you look at the ebay adds for the knock offs there may be 20 or so dealers but all of them are out of New Jersey and a few out of California, now I dont think New Jersey has that many motorcycle parts suppliers 
Me too!  I avoid buying Chinese made stuff whenever possible.  It costs though.  Looked all over for a new toaster a year or so ago and could only find them Made in China.  Then I found a British one called Dualite, but it cost $450 by the time I got it in Canada.  Hand made though and excellent toast!

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

More
04 Jul 2024 23:15 #901763 by Wookie58
Replied by Wookie58 on topic Dynatek

Me too!  I avoid buying Chinese made stuff whenever possible.  It costs though.  Looked all over for a new toaster a year or so ago and could only find them Made in China.  Then I found a British one called Dualite, but it cost $450 by the time I got it in Canada.  Hand made though and excellent toast!
Wow !!! For that price I would want it to butter the toast and collect the  eggs from the chicken 

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
05 Jul 2024 03:47 #901765 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Dynatek
It isn't the first time I've paid more to buy something not made in China.  Several years ago I bought a Mitutoyo borehole gauge costing $650.  The made in china ones are in the $150 range.  Oh....the wife does all those other things!

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

• Kelly E
  • User
  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender
More
05 Jul 2024 11:27 #901788 by Kelly E
Replied by Kelly E on topic Dynatek
Hardrock is right, I only wish more people would quit being cheap bastards and try much harder to not buy Chinese products. I also try to not buy their crap. If a bunch more of us would take a stand we could put a serious dent in China's plan for world dominance through business.

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda Sabre 700
1984 Honda Interceptor 1000
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000
1994 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours

And more

More
05 Jul 2024 12:44 #901791 by rangeroy
Replied by rangeroy on topic Dynatek
Chinese products = crap, funny this I remember in late 60's & early 70's the question been "why yer riding jap crap?" now your calling out another Asia country on a Kawasaki forum, the irony 

1977 z650

• Kelly E
  • User
  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender
More
05 Jul 2024 16:46 #901799 by Kelly E
Replied by Kelly E on topic Dynatek
It's not irony when the products are really crap. What good quality Chinese bikes are you riding? What high quality Chinese products are you recommending?

Back then Japan's goal was to produce as good or better products than the U.S. Not how can we make it cheaper and increase profits and quality is not the goal like the Chinese business model.

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda Sabre 700
1984 Honda Interceptor 1000
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000
1994 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours

And more

More
06 Jul 2024 03:36 #901813 by urankjj
Replied by urankjj on topic Dynatek
I try to buy made in USA whenever I can. It is a lot harder to find products and they are usually more expensive, but they're always better quality and I'd rather support local businesses. Here's a couple of clothing items I recently purchased.
  • The following user(s) said Thank You: Vinsky