Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Factory crimps on wire loom for making three legs off brown wire and ground wire 05 Jun 2024 16:17 #900310

• Gdailey2112
  • Gdailey2112's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 82 KZ1100D1
  • Thank you received: 34
Coming through my wiring loom and see where there are these crimps to tie legs into a few different wires, appears was a factory thing. Where do I find some replacement crimps, or what's best thing to use if I wanna re-do or re-crimp them?
1982 KZ1100D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Factory crimps on wire loom for making three legs off brown wire and ground wire 05 Jun 2024 18:50 #900317

• F64
  • User
  • 81-KZ440D2
  • Thank you received: 381
I'd just grab some TE Connectivity butt connectors from Mouser and seal it with adhesive heat shrink.

www.mouser.com/c/connectors/terminals/?q...%20Connectivity&pg=1

Heat shrink

www.mouser.com/c/?q=adhesive%20heat%20sh...vity%20%2F%20Raychem
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY

Factory crimps on wire loom for making three legs off brown wire and ground wire 05 Jun 2024 20:05 #900319

• 1997dr650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
This are the only crimp tool that I use to produce a factory equivalent connection .... been using the same tool for 30 yrs .... the tool is Kent Moore but I am sure there are other tools that will produce the same result.

Attachments:

Factory crimps on wire loom for making three legs off brown wire and ground wire 06 Jun 2024 06:20 #900343

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1645
The stock terminals are open barrel terminals and you'll want to use an open barrel crimper.  I already had a HarborFreight ratcheting crimper but the dies were wrong, so I got a set of open barrel dies from Aircraft tool supply on amazon.  CycleTerminal.com has a crimper. not sure if you have to get the dies separately, so ask.  VintageConnections is another place with terminals etc.  Wherever you get your stuff, be sure to buy plenty of spare terminals for practice or in case you mess up. 

Double and triple bullet terminals. plus 10-pack waterproof bullets at the bottom of the page. 
www.cycleterminal.com/bullet-terminals.html  ...  scroll down the page.

HF crimper. ................... ....................... ................... ....................... ...................  Open barrel dies.

How to. larger version is on the cycleterminal crimp tools page.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: