Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kawasaki Wire Color Codes 23 Sep 2023 04:57 #889665

• Dr. Frankenstein
  • Dr. Frankenstein's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
I was scrolling through the Topics this morning and came across a post where the author was asking about the black and yellow wire in a Kawasaki wiring harness:
Blk/yel that went to the IC was left hanging - KZRider Forum - KZRider, KZ, Z1 & Z Motorcycle Enthusiast's Forum

I just went through the experience of rewiring a LED headlight on my KZ400H, and I don't know why it didn't occur to me before to dig one up...so I dug around a bit and found this general Kawasaki Wiring Color Code - I hope it helps.

Also (and you probably already know this), before you do anything in the headlight bucket, take the time to take a photo or write down what connectors go to which connectors. The pin connectors are easy, but all those little bullet connectors in there can take you for a ride.  No, you won't remember what wire goes to what wire, and it'll save you a lot of time when you put it all back together. I write them down on a Post-It note and stick it on the fender while I'm working. Saves you a lot of head-scratching. A 17"x 12" (or whatever it is) enlarged color wiring schematic printed out at Staples costs less than two dollars and glued to a piece of posterboard from the Dollar store helps too; it's hard to see what goes where when you're working from just the manual. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dr. Frankenstein.

Kawasaki Wire Color Codes 23 Sep 2023 13:13 #889689

• sf4t7
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Good idea about enlarging the diagram.  Last time I was rooting around in the headlight bucket, I planned ahead (doesn't always happen) and put a small piece of masking tape on both sides of each connector with a number marked on them, so I could match the numbers up when re-connecting the plugs.  I've learned the alternative is having plenty of curse words ready.

Scotty
Scotty

1974 Z1A
welded Z1 crank
Andrews 1X Cams
Delkevic 4 into 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: