• Page:

TOPIC:

1977 Kawasaki 1000A wiring colors 20 Sep 2023 19:49 #889581

• macs custom
  • macs custom's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So hello to everyone.

i purchased a 1977 Kawasaki Kz1000A and it came with a right side handlebar switch for a 900 so the wire colors are different.
The SWITCH wiring is yellow with red stripe, red, black, tan, blue with red strip and solid blue.
I've taken the switch apart to see that The tan wire and yellow/red wire goes to off and on engine stop
The blue, blue and red strip and tan goes to middle On-PO-off switch
The black wire and yellow/red stripe goes to the starter button.
The colors of the wires on bikes main harness are Yellow with red stripe. brown with white stripe. Blue with white stripe 2 solid brown wires and Black
I do have a book but unfort- my vision is not all that great. I'm hoping someone can match the wires up for me! Any help match these up is GREATLY APPRECIATED

I can also be emailed at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1977 Kawasaki 1000A wiring colors 21 Sep 2023 12:48 #889595

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Welcome to KZRider 
 I'm sure a member will be able to help you with your wiring issues .
 Your next post  needs to be in our new member section  to introduce yourself to us 
Dave 

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

1977 Kawasaki 1000A wiring colors 22 Sep 2023 01:11 #889605

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1797

So hello to everyone.

i purchased a 1977 Kawasaki Kz1000A and it came with a right side handlebar switch for a 900 so the wire colors are different.
The SWITCH wiring is yellow with red stripe, red, black, tan, blue with red strip and solid blue.
I've taken the switch apart to see that The tan wire and yellow/red wire goes to off and on engine stop
The blue, blue and red strip and tan goes to middle On-PO-off switch
The black wire and yellow/red stripe goes to the starter button.
The colors of the wires on bikes main harness are Yellow with red stripe. brown with white stripe. Blue with white stripe 2 solid brown wires and Black
I do have a book but unfort- my vision is not all that great. I'm hoping someone can match the wires up for me! Any help match these up is GREATLY APPRECIATED

I can also be emailed at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The below should sort you out, if not I will need to see pictures of the inside of the switch. Let me know how you get on

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

1977 Kawasaki 1000A wiring colors 22 Sep 2023 04:28 #889613

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1026
If your vision is so poor that you cannot read the book, how are you able to read these posts?  
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7

1977 Kawasaki 1000A wiring colors 22 Sep 2023 05:43 #889615

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
Just in case: there's a digital copy of the KZ1000-A1 wiring diagram which can then be enlarged. It might be linked here on KZR.
Also, the manuals I've seen list the wire colors of the various circuits in the body of the manual. reading glasses might help. 

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: