Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1995 kz1000p coils and spark plug wire and boot recommendation (help please!) 19 Jul 2023 13:14 #887416

• irishpopeye
  • irishpopeye's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The interwebs have finally blown my brain up with contradictory and missing info for my kz. I needed coils and wires for 2 weweks and cant confidently buy any because theirs so many different opinions, please help

irish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1995 kz1000p coils and spark plug wire and boot recommendation (help please!) 19 Jul 2023 16:23 #887428

• TexasKZ
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2074
Are you certain yours need replacing?

The factory specifies 1.8 to 2.8 Ohms resistance on the primary side. I think most folks go with 3 Ohm coils. If you are using resistor plugs, be sure to NOT use resistor caps or wires. You can run without resistors at all, but you may have some electrical noise in any electrical equipment you might ride with, like a radio, or some such.

Partzilla shows the factory 1 & 4 coil as available. They sell it for $138 plus tax and shipping. I am pretty certain that the two coils are identical, so you should be able to flip that one over to use on the other side. Dynatek makes good coils that will fit, but they are more expensive than the factory one. I think Emgo makes an appropriate one and here are, of course, cheap Chinese coils that may or may not work.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TexasKZ.
  • Page: