Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Headlight help 27 May 2023 00:05 #885259

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Aloha guys. Been working on my KZ whenever I can and stuff that I was working on today had me think. But before I commit to it, I thought I'll ask here.

Thinking of getting the round headlight instead of the square one I have. I just love the look of the round headlight. I was going to use my old one to save few bucks, but I'm re-wiring the whole bike anyway, and the headlight stay is pretty mangled. Basket also have small cracks here and there, so why not? Beside, if it doesn't work, I have spare to fool around with (to see if I can make it fit or..............Whatever need work on).

So! My question is, I have no idea what or which one I should look for. Does all KZ share the same dimension as long as it's a round headlight? Or do I need it from the bigger brothers? I do have one set of headlight bracket already (I was going to fit the round one before but never got around to it due to budget concern) and if need, I'm going to get another one. LED is another possibility but I want to go with regular H4, for now.

Can someone chime in on this? I'm looking at evilbay really hard right now.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Headlight help 27 May 2023 03:55 #885264

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021
There are minor differences over the years to the shell holes but basically KHI used the same shell for all of their bikes, including the H series, Z series and KZ series.  All of the standard models used ears mounted over the forks with signals attached to the headlight to fix it in place.  The LTD bikes used a bracket to mount the headlight and the signals went on the bars.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Headlight help 27 May 2023 06:10 #885267

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2053
The KZ305, 400 and 440 use a different setup from the rest of the clan, and it can be a challenge to find a new headlight that will fit that bucket.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• Page: