• Page:

TOPIC:

CDI 10 Pin plug 28 Apr 2023 00:47 #883882

• Kurila
  • Kurila's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello there, 
maybe some of you ,know where to get or what king of plug goes to kawasaki CDI? It's 10 pin ,2 row 11mmX26mm.I bought some from  kojaycat.co.uk HM style ,but it to small (pins are to dense) and few from other places ,but stil they don't fit. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CDI 10 Pin plug 28 Apr 2023 01:38 #883883

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1834
is it the female terminals in the plug you are looking to replace ? what year and bike is it ? have you measured the width of the pins ?

Last edit: by Wookie58.

CDI 10 Pin plug 28 Apr 2023 06:30 #883895

• jwfels
  • User
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi, that plug is from 83/84 zx1100 ignition, needed one when I installed the zx ignition on my Z1, could’nt find one commercially, dug around eBay for a old harness, and culled the ignition portion out of it, works great, no more centrifugal advance, took a year or so to find all the parts, those pins are use the smaller female slip on connectors, could do without the connector, just shrink sleeve the connectors, if you knew what the properties of each pin,  to pickups, others to coils, 12v+ and 12v-, info was on classic forum (achim). If needed will take a pic of the plug installed and post,   Good luck
Z1A AND 81 650

CDI 10 Pin plug 28 Apr 2023 06:37 #883896

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1834

Hi, that plug is from 83/84 zx1100 ignition, needed one when I installed the zx ignition on my Z1, could’nt find one commercially, dug around eBay for a old harness, and culled the ignition portion out of it, works great, no more centrifugal advance, took a year or so to find all the parts, those pins are use the smaller female slip on connectors, could do without the connector, just shrink sleeve the connectors, if you knew what the properties of each pin,  to pickups, others to coils, 12v+ and 12v-, info was on classic forum (achim). If needed will take a pic of the plug installed and post,   Good luck
If the plug is required as well then I agree buying an old loom is probably the easiest way (I have bought a ZX6R loom for the plugs I will need on my build

CDI 10 Pin plug 29 Apr 2023 12:37 #883959

• Kurila
  • Kurila's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes ,looks like i will need to do so.Buy old wiring harness and reuse plug or 3dprint some kind of mesh between contactas and use 2.8mm connectors.thanks for your time and effort.

• Page: