Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello 02 Apr 2023 19:38 #882353

• KZ for me
  • KZ for me's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just want to thank those responsible for all of this. What a great resource.
I recently purchased a 1981 KZ-750 H that had been supposedly stripped (electrical) for some sort of racing.
Blinkers, horn, handle bar controls, head light, all removed. After removing the gas tank I found the missing
wiring and components. it was all wadded up under the tank. Couldn’t do anything with it. It was chopped and
spliced with all sorts of “improvised fixes”, but it did run! An inspection of the carbs revealed the number one carb
slide/diaphram about 40 degrees right of center that kept it from closing for idle. The number 4 carb has a broken
pilot screw with the needle bottomed and protruding into the Venturi; this posses the greatest challenge. I’m going
to try some left hand drill bits first, if I can get it started on center. If anyone has experience in this realm, I’m all ears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello 14 Apr 2023 22:13 #883170

• Kubik
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Ah yes racing, it does tend to mangle up a lot of parts. Can’t be helped, it’s just the rough and tumble of it all.

The good news here is that good used “not banged up” parts are easy to get. Good old fleaBay!

Electrics messed up? Buy a good used wiring harness and handlebar switches at a good price, saves fixing up mangled stuff. Ditto for carbs, get a good used rack and swap them in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kubik. Reason: Spelling error corrected
  • Page: