Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

darn dyna 3 ohm coils , going back to old stockers till get new ones 31 Aug 2022 16:22 #873150

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

10-4 think i'm gonna try n go back to cdi as well, i had to send dynatek modules not long ago, too. 
don't get why factory ignitions lasted for decades, but dyna crap burns up hella quick, it arcs out, strains stator, drains battery, etc
needless to say, dynatek has surely left a foul taste in my mouth.
You and me both brother.   I've had nothing but problems with their sh**,   I switched back to the CDI, and the stock ignition pickup.  Runs great again.  The Dyna2000 fried my stator and Reg/Rect.  I'm hoping I get my $525.00 bucks back.   If I try another ignition system it will be the Jap made one SPII off webike..japan.  My stock Tek coils were no good, so I had to switch to Dyna coils.  

577nitro-
got to be honest I get really irritated by "in vogue" brands that build a reputation then start building shit to increase the margin (case in point the clone Dyna S systems that look identical to the Chinese made "Originals" for a quarter of the price) I need to do something for my build as the original igniter has brittle wires and the copper cores have already blackened so it's a case of when rather than if it's going to fail.
  1. So the options are £100 for a 40 year old used replacement (I don't think so)
  2. £300 for a NOS original ( definitely not, I ' ll leave them for the museum restoration boys)
  3. £220 for a Dyna S and what ever for a mechanical advancer (Don't see going backwards in technology as an improvement)
  4. I am seriously looking at the below (won't need it for approx 6 months) this is a "plug and play" replacement for the stock unit with modern digital electronics, built in over voltage protection and claims of a optimised ignition curve. More importantly it's UK made by a company that repair engine management ECU's and ignition modules and they will repair any faults in the future. It retails at £220 so same as a Dyna S (in the UK)

Gday mate, have you looked at the Ignitech ignitions?  I'm going to run one {I already have it}, I have a mate with one on his CBX1000,and know of a few more both on the street and track, fully programmable too..They have all the features of the Dyna 2000 for a lot less money.. TCIP4 full version.
www.ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/tcip/tcip.htm
www.ignitech.cz/zdroj/en/ceniky/EUR/pric...st%20units%20eur.pdf

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: