Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1975 kz400 brake light and turn signal stock wiring 19 Jul 2022 03:27 #870607

• jrider24
  • jrider24's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone have a diagram or pictures specifically for the rear turn signals and brake light connector? I have the original fender with the connector but the main harness side was all cut up and miss matched because the pervious owner did some cafe racer style stuff. I dont think he even hooked them up right because they didnt work before I pulled them apart but he only had four wires instead of the factory five. They were also different colors from factory but I could see where he just spliced in new wires at the end but the factory wires connected to them did not match the wiring diagram. There was a pink and an orange and no grey so idk where to go with this now to find the right wires. Thank you. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1975 kz400 brake light and turn signal stock wiring 19 Jul 2022 09:56 #870624

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2051
Last few pages of the factory service manual.
kzrider.com/modules/ServiceManuals/74-77...chablefullmanual.pdf
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

1975 kz400 brake light and turn signal stock wiring 19 Jul 2022 16:49 #870662

• jrider24
  • jrider24's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Alright so I figured them out except the red one. It seems like the Black with yellow stripe is a common ground. However I dont have a red wire going straight back to the brake light. There is the red wire but it joins a brown wire right after the 4 pin connector leaving the ingition switch, which goes against the diagram. However, this alll looks like very OEM connections to me so im confused. The brown wire goes back to the brake light location but it splices into a bunch of other wires that goes against the diagram, it almost look like its a common ground as well. Also between sections the factory used different color wire which it making it very difficult to trace correctly. EX. a blue wire will have the two ends blue but the connecting middle wire spliced in is pink. 

• Page: