Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cheaper pickup coils 28 Aug 2022 07:15 #873002

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1625
Mopar Pickups.  I've never tried them & don't know anything about doing it. just saved the info in my notes.
www.kzrider.com www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/61350...al-advance-ignitions           
By loudhvx:  My favorite option, purely based on price and size is the Chrysler/Mopar pickup from around 1975. It was used on millions of cars and was still being manufactured by aftermarket suppliers last I checked in the early 2000's. I've seen new ones as cheap as $8.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Cheaper pickup coils 28 Aug 2022 08:48 #873007

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 519

Has anyone tried the clones? Looking for an update.
Local club member is using these and they look and perform exactly the same as the "genuine" Dyna system.
Dyna switched production to China a good few years ago and from what we have seen these appear to have come from the same factory just without the Dyna packaging and use the same DS2-1 part number.
I'd say it's likely that some patent clause or similar has lapsed.

Yes, I have wondered about those also?? I did not know DYNA out sourced, unfortunatly every coporation seems to be??

DYNA Hum???  Went through some!!!!    
1/2 these pick ups are good. Does anyone know if Dyna in California will still check them and assemble you good ones? 10-15 yrs. ago I used to send them items after you received a work order by email.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:

Cheaper pickup coils 28 Aug 2022 12:38 #873016

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1820

Has anyone tried the clones? Looking for an update.
Local club member is using these and they look and perform exactly the same as the "genuine" Dyna system.
Dyna switched production to China a good few years ago and from what we have seen these appear to have come from the same factory just without the Dyna packaging and use the same DS2-1 part number.
I'd say it's likely that some patent clause or similar has lapsed.

Yes, I have wondered about those also?? I did not know DYNA out sourced, unfortunatly every coporation seems to be??

DYNA Hum???  Went through some!!!!    
1/2 these pick ups are good. Does anyone know if Dyna in California will still check them and assemble you good ones? 10-15 yrs. ago I used to send them items after you received a work order by email
I am of the same opinion as you and at 25% of Dyna money (in the UK at least) it's got to be worth a "punt"

Cheaper pickup coils 28 Aug 2022 13:54 #873020

• F64
  • User
  • 81-KZ440D2
  • Thank you received: 353
I know i'm late to the party. 
Take one of your stock pickups out of the circuit.  Stick a needle in each wire close to the pickup and take an resistance reading off of the needles.
This is just to rule out the wires leading to the pickups being bad.
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY

Last edit: by F64.
  • Page: