M.Unit Blue 1977 KZ650B

More
22 Jan 2022 06:05 #860860 by Njones
Replied by Njones on topic M.Unit Blue 1977 KZ650B

Just looked at the revival cycles diagram and it is also wrong. Their alternative main fuse circuit is OK, but if you don't use that then there will be no power to the m-unit unless the bike is running.

Edit: So, I guess assumption is the mother of all... I took a closer look at the revival cycles diagram and it looks like they just labelled it in a confusing way. The label "Starter solenoid" and "main fuse" should probably just be combined and put underneath, the way they labelled it I assumed it was two seperate components just stuck together. Internally it seems that the battery positive is bridged to the fuse (blue circle below, this is missing in your diagram). This means that you can wire it up as you had planned. Sorry for any confusion, my mistake.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to figure that out. I appreciate it. I knew that the main fuse and start solenoid were integrated, but because of my lack of experience in electrical schematics and wiring I didn't exactly know how. Now I do. 

1977 KZ650B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.