Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring help on 82 gpz550 kh1 10 Dec 2021 07:42 #858907

• Curtismty
  • Curtismty's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So I’m replacing my left hand controls on my gpz because the horn button broke and after I tried fixing it everything else broke too and bought a cheap Chinese left hand mechanism horn/blinkers/lights etc. I read a few things that you guys posted in the past which was definitely helpful but I can’t figure out the orange wire on the original one. It’s soldered in the middle of the blinker mechanism on its own ground between the green and gray wire which are the blinkers, manuals are a pain for me with wire diagrams I can’t figure it out at all but at this point I’m assuming it’s the “main power?” Just hoping what some of you would know, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring help on 82 gpz550 kh1 10 Dec 2021 10:36 #858917

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
The orange wire is what powers the turn signals. It comes from the turn signal flasher.  

"Main power", or more specifically switched 12v is usually a brown wire.  The brown wire has battery voltage on it when the ignition switch is on.  The brown wire feeds battery voltage to the flasher unit input.  The flasher unit passes this voltage on to the orange wire, and when the turn signal switch is activated, the flasher pulses this voltage on the orange wire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Curtismty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by loudhvx.
  • Page: