Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Battery elimination 01 Oct 2021 04:44 #855990

• Bobdudeman
  • Bobdudeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day everyone.  I have a running 78 kz 650 that I'm getting ready to finish my "scrambler ization" to and am thinking of eliminating the battery.  I don't want blinkers ect, just headlight and tail light/brake.   I know there is a lot of information on this but was wondering if anyone can tell me the best/easiest eliminator kit to purchase and if it is an easy task.  I've built a few old school choppers on the past but never worked non these old jap rides in that manner.   I would appreciate any help.  Ty all!   Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Battery elimination 01 Oct 2021 05:45 #855994

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Simplified wiring diagrams by loudhvx. KZR topic >> bare bones for mattylight >> Pg 1
a few of the diagrams may be missing. pages 11-on seem to have the most diagrams.
Using an internet search, there's a KZ650B2 on pg 10 of the bare bones topic but it isn't batteryless.  I did not look for any more. 
The 650 charging systems vary & I don't know enough about it to make any suggestions.
The only battery eliminator "kit" I saw at Z1Enterprises.com was a capacitor w clamp for an XS650 Twin, but I didn't do an exhaustive search.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: