Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

My first bike! 1982 KZ550C LTD, need some electrical (and other) assistance. 25 Feb 2021 08:41 #844085

• dthemac
  • dthemac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Awesome, I'll look into this!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My first bike! 1982 KZ550C LTD, need some electrical (and other) assistance. 25 Feb 2021 08:53 #844088

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
I have the CBR master cylinder mounted to Emgo Euro bars which are angled but not as much as the stock bars. The CBR mc is tilted in the opposite direction as the stock mc but not as much. The stock mc has an angled mount, while the CBR mount is straight. I couldn't find a more suitable mc. most either have a straight mount or are angled for Ltd bars. doh.

I've been meaning to try Superbike bars but haven't bothered ordering them yet. I'm assuming they'll be more level than the Euros.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

My first bike! 1982 KZ550C LTD, need some electrical (and other) assistance. 12 Mar 2021 13:39 #844828

• Redbeard
  • User
  • 82 kz750 ltd
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey, I have an 82 750 LTD. I swapped the stock bars for a set of Renthal Supersport bars, the bike handles so much better now. However, the bars are cluttered a bit because the old stock switches, levers and master cylinder are kinda bulky. Is there an issue with having the master cylinder on a slight angle on the bars? Also any recommendations for sites/parts to update the bars?

Got a pic below, other updates on the bike are voodoo slip ons, wrapped the exaust, removed fenders, shaved the seat down, and removed the air box and swapped for pod filters

Attachment not found

Cheers!

My first bike! 1982 KZ550C LTD, need some electrical (and other) assistance. 13 Mar 2021 05:38 #844846

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
Redbeard,
Since you have several questions that are not relevant to this thread, it might be better to start another thread dealing with your specific problems.

The master cylinder will not care about being at an angle, though topping off the fluid may be a bit of a pain. For a replacement, eeebaaay may be a good bet. Make sure the new cylinder has the same bore size and will fit the diameter of your new bar. Also be sure it has provision for a mirror if you want to use the stockers. Look for lightly used ones from late model Japanese bikes. Stay clear of the Chinese made ones. Motogadget makes some really cool switchgear.

motogadget.com/en/
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Last edit: by TexasKZ.