Installation Dyna S ignition, Dyna coils and plug leads Z1100ST

More
11 Oct 2020 08:49 #836616 by Mikaw

Booster wrote: why wrong information, I am using a Dyna S kit with dyna 3ohm coils for my Z1100ST. The system you show in the picture ("Accent ignition") I use for my Z1B, I managed to mount it and it works properly, no problem, but this system is not available for the Z1100ST.

I just mentioned the Accent because there is a ready to plug tee pcs for the red wire to link it in between an existing connection coming from the batterie, and the Dyna S does not have such a tee pcs., and that's why I have to handcraft it on my own.

I corrected my response, sorry I misread your post.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2021 12:00 #845223 by Booster
Sorry, its a long timer ago already, the dyna S is mounted and the bike is running. 
Unfortunately I had from the beginning a problem: the main fuse broke several times, until I remarked that it has to do with my sidestand switch. I have four wires on it, two black ones to go to the start button, and two others to go to the left handbar where I have a button to Interrupt the "interruption", means that if I pull the button, the bike remains on when the side stand is out.  The wires to this button on the left handbar became extremely hot before the fuse broke, and only after I pulled out the wires, I can drive, but the side stand switch does not function anymore. And now, to come back to this little box I through out, you remember, see picture above, this was the relais for the side stand switch!! I remarked it after I passed through the wire diagram of my Z11000ST Swiss Version. I know that the US and UK version does not have this side stand switch!?
The problem is that with the connection of the Dyna S, I cannot use anymore this relais, and I must have a another one when I want that my sidestand switch works, and for the vehicle inspection here in Switzerland I need a side stand switch that works; alternatively, I take away my side stand, or I install a mechanism that the side stand collapses itself - sorry my English, I am not sure you understand what I want to say :-).

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
19 Mar 2021 13:49 - 19 Mar 2021 13:55 #845232 by Scirocco

Sorry, its a long timer ago already, the dyna S is mounted and the bike is running. 
Unfortunately I had from the beginning a problem: the main fuse broke several times, until I remarked that it has to do with my sidestand switch. I have four wires on it, two black ones to go to the start button, and two others to go to the left handbar where I have a button to Interrupt the "interruption", means that if I pull the button, the bike remains on when the side stand is out.  The wires to this button on the left handbar became extremely hot before the fuse broke, and only after I pulled out the wires, I can drive, but the side stand switch does not function anymore. And now, to come back to this little box I through out, you remember, see picture above, this was the relais for the side stand switch!! I remarked it after I passed through the wire diagram of my Z11000ST Swiss Version. I know that the US and UK version does not have this side stand switch!?
The problem is that with the connection of the Dyna S, I cannot use anymore this relais, and I must have a another one when I want that my sidestand switch works, and for the vehicle inspection here in Switzerland I need a side stand switch that works; alternatively, I take away my side stand, or I install a mechanism that the side stand collapses itself - sorry my English, I am not sure you understand what I want to say :-).

I had the same problem here in Germany, it´s not a sidestand switch problem, but i have to upgrade to a self collapsing mechanism to pass the bike inspection.

z-fever.de/shop/en/product_info.php?info...and--automatic-.html
Last edit: 19 Mar 2021 13:55 by Scirocco.

More
20 Mar 2021 04:58 #845258 by Booster
I bought the same kit from Z-fever, but wasn't successful mounting it so fare. Do you use only the metal pad, and the spring and where the pad is mounted is original? the nose where the pad is mounted is where before the spring was mounted correct? The screw from the kit should replace the main screw to mount the stand isn't it, and my original side stand screw is much wider.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
20 Mar 2021 12:42 #845275 by Scirocco
Some pics of your side stand would be helpful to solve your problem. Your original side stand screw is much wider but can be modifyed to work with the kit.