82 kz750e coil pickup

More
10 May 2020 16:51 #825413 by Ricco86
82 kz750e coil pickup was created by Ricco86
Hi guys! New here! I have a 82 kz750e Given for free. I have fix a few issues and now seems like the last issue I trave it’s once the bike it’s warming up rpms drop and stalls, by holding the throttle I can keep it running but missing.... issues was traced to the coil pickup once it’s heated up the ohm reading for all over the place and also to infinite O.L. . Can I just buy them ? I seen them online for other Kawasaki’s but doesn’t match mine. I don’t want to spend too much this year. I want to get it running a 100% and this winter work on making it a caffe racer style bike. Anyone knows how to search for them? Or where to get them? Thank you very much I’m advance

Ricco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 17:58 - 10 May 2020 18:00 #825416 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic 82 kz750e coil pickup
Yes, as long as the actual pickup looks like yours, it will work. You can even use the left one in place of the right one and vice versa (but the wires will have to be routed differently.

They should look like the ones on this page. The page also tells you how to get the magnet polarity correct etc in case you take it all apart.
s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/PickupA.../PickupAndRotor.html
Last edit: 10 May 2020 18:00 by loudhvx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ricco86

More
11 May 2020 15:20 #825491 by Ricco86
Replied by Ricco86 on topic 82 kz750e coil pickup
Thank you, I looked the info. But I just need the actual pickup coil , I haven’t disassemble them so magnets and stuff still as factory, my issue it’s the right side one goes bad the second the bike warms up( I used a hair blower to test them) and btw yes that’s exactly how my pickup coils look like. Any ideas where can I buy them by themself?

Ricco
Attachments: