Diagnostic manual for DynaTech

More
20 Apr 2020 19:08 #823775 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Diagnostic manual for DynaTech
I made a nice shrink wrap connection with a ring connector and attached it to the coils primary. The red is the pickup power and the yellow/red is switched 12 thru the Wired George coil relay.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2020 21:33 - 20 Apr 2020 21:34 #823789 by ob1jeeper
Replied by ob1jeeper on topic Diagnostic manual for DynaTech
Mikaw,
Looks like a very professional way to make the necessary connections... Well done... ;)
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 21:34 by ob1jeeper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

More
20 Apr 2020 22:07 #823791 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Diagnostic manual for DynaTech

ob1jeeper wrote: Mikaw,
Looks like a very professional way to make the necessary connections... Well done... ;)

Thank you. I approach any repairs with the intent on making them a one and done thing. I also try to think forward as to what fellow “quality” wrenches would see in my work, aslo what would a buyer think. Unlikely though my Kaws will ever see a for sale sign. For example when added new Wiring for relays or upgraded lighting I source the same gauge, same heat and chemical resistance and the closest I can get to the original circuit’s wire color and terminal ends.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

More
21 Apr 2020 07:42 #823820 by ob1jeeper
Replied by ob1jeeper on topic Diagnostic manual for DynaTech

Mikaw wrote:

ob1jeeper wrote: Mikaw,

Thank you. I approach any repairs with the intent on making them a one and done thing. I also try to think forward as to what fellow “quality” wrenches would see in my work, aslo what would a buyer think. Unlikely though my Kaws will ever see a for sale sign. For example when added new Wiring for relays or upgraded lighting I source the same gauge, same heat and chemical resistance and the closest I can get to the original circuit’s wire color and terminal ends.

While some might argue that your approach is un-necessary over-kill, I happen to whole-heartedly agree, that the reasoning behind your methodology is not only valid, but is THE professional approach that Dyanatec, or for that matter any company seeking to showcase itself as a company commited to product superiority, could/should have taken.

There are obvious reasons that there are ZERO OEM vehicle manufacturers using push-loks/scotch-locks, and similar "failure-prone bandaids" in thier wiring.

And now I will let this sleeping dog lie, as I've more than said my peace on the subject... ;)