Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wiring Question For The Experts Or Those That Know... 18 Jan 2020 05:10 #817338

• Rick H.
  • Rick H.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Again all great information for the group and sheds light on why Kawasaki did things the way they did. The original setup just seemed odd to me in that power was supplied to the main fuse all the time and the rectifier. It would also seem Kawasaki didn't keep wires the same color code on their schematics as was on their bikes. For example, on my bike they have a solid white wire connecting to a white wire with a red tracer at the fuse box yet this isn't noted on their wiring schematic. Why not just keep in the same color? Also on their schematic they show the white wire going to the battery from the main fuse after the 3 wire connection as black in color when in reality the wire is white in color. Perhaps I am too used to schematics for cars that are quite detailed, but it is much easier to follow a wire path when you have/know the wire colors including use of tracers.. Just saying......Plus I was working off a non-color printed schematic anyway.
Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring Question For The Experts Or Those That Know... 18 Jan 2020 05:12 #817339

• Rick H.
  • Rick H.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254

kevski wrote: Although there is a live going to the rectifier the circuit is not flowing until the switched live which is the brown wire is switched on at the ignition switch, and maybe now one might say the starter relay has a permanent live from the battery, but that is switched by the black coming from the starter button, you may find it difficult to get the correct harness for your bike as there may be other things changed like switches, i have learnt the hard way, and now i always get myself large coloured schematics and re-furbish my own harness's, i take my time as these are the devils or politicians own designs.

I commend you kevski, you must have the patience of a saint to make your own wire harnesses.
Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.