Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 13 Jun 2019 09:31 #805658

• Serpent7
  • Serpent7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Nothing professionally, only for fun...
  • Thank you received: 3
I had been looking for the grommets for the Tach and Speedometer light bulbs... I gave up and started just looking for the whole harness and still no luck? Any ideas where to get those 2 wiring harnesses from? I found the turn signal wiring harness on Z1Parts but no luck on Tach and Speedometer wiring harness for the light bulbs?
19 Audi Q5
14 Volkswagen Touareg X
97 Honda Shadow Spirit
79 Kawasaki KZ1000 st
79 Volkswagen Transporter
73 Volkswagen Thing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 13 Jun 2019 09:47 #805660

• Serpent7
  • User

Serpent7 wrote: I had been looking for the grommets for the Tach and Speedometer light bulbs... I gave up and started just looking for the whole harness and still no luck? Any ideas where to get those 2 wiring harnesses from? I found the turn signal wiring harness on Z1Parts but no luck on Tach and Speedometer wiring harness for the light bulbs?

I just figured out the Turn Signal wiring harness has the tach and speedo light harnesses on it already...
19 Audi Q5
14 Volkswagen Touareg X
97 Honda Shadow Spirit
79 Kawasaki KZ1000 st
73 Volkswagen Thing

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 13 Jun 2019 15:39 #805687

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationFrom the diagrams at Partzilla for the KZ1000-E1 Shaft, there seem to be 2 socket assemblies for the meters. Unfortunately, there isn't a diagram drawing. Two of the pilot light sockets are listed on EB (#23008-1054). I did not see the other socket assy for the speedo & tach (#23008-1040), but there is a speedo that appears to include the socket assy. I only searched the part numbers, so you could try other search terms to see what else is available. KZ1000 E, St or Shaft. Speedometer socket or meter socket. Pilot lights or dash lights. etc etc etc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Serpent7

Last edit: by martin_csr.

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 14 Jun 2019 08:33 #805712

• Serpent7
  • User
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

martin_csr wrote: From the diagrams at Partzilla for the KZ1000-E1 Shaft, there seem to be 2 socket assemblies for the meters. Unfortunately, there isn't a diagram drawing. Two of the pilot light sockets are listed on EB (#23008-1054). I did not see the other socket assy for the speedo & tach (#23008-1040), but there is a speedo that appears to include the socket assy. I only searched the part numbers, so you could try other search terms to see what else is available. KZ1000 E, St or Shaft. Speedometer socket or meter socket. Pilot lights or dash lights. etc etc etc.

So (as usual) My Shaftie is different than all others??? This just makes life GREAT! Thanks again for the part numbers...
19 Audi Q5
14 Volkswagen Touareg X
97 Honda Shadow Spirit
79 Kawasaki KZ1000 st
73 Volkswagen Thing

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 15 Jun 2019 07:24 #805752

• martin_csr
  • User
Yes, some parts for the 1000E Shaft are probably hard to find. For something like the meter lighting, I would consider getting an alternate socket assy or two, then fab up something. Just make sure the lamp sockets are the same. Some older Kawasakis have unusual socket dampers. maybe the Z1R. ??? . I'm not sure about the 1000E. CycleTerminal has a 10-pack of waterproof bullet connectors & other electrical stuff, including stock type connectors.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Serpent7

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 19 Jun 2019 08:28 #806088

• Serpent7
  • User
Yeah, I ripped my boots when replacing my bulbs. I wrapped it carefully with electrical tape but just don't like the idea of it being like that... I have to replace my left turn signal bulb indicator also but haven't because I know I'll rip another socket trying to get it out of the hole.
19 Audi Q5
14 Volkswagen Touareg X
97 Honda Shadow Spirit
79 Kawasaki KZ1000 st
73 Volkswagen Thing

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 19 Jun 2019 10:35 #806093

• martin_csr
  • User
On my 81 KZ650-CSR, the bulb/socket/dampers were incredibly difficult to remove. Silicone spray helps, but since the rubber is hard, the stuff only helps a little. Next time I may try a heat gun and hopefully won't overdo it then melt something. doh.

'79 KZ1000 Dash light (instrument) clusters (speedometer and tach) harness? 21 Jun 2019 07:58 #806203

• Serpent7
  • User
I thought about silicon spray but then thought needle nose pliers would not grip at all then. thought about heat, but I know me... King melt over here! LOL!
19 Audi Q5
14 Volkswagen Touareg X
97 Honda Shadow Spirit
79 Kawasaki KZ1000 st
73 Volkswagen Thing

• Page: