Starter solenoid/gremlins [83 KZ440 LTD Belt]

More
03 Apr 2019 17:32 #801467 by NewYorKZ440
Kzriders i would humbly ask you to assemble and please help out a young soon to be rider as myself. what i need help with today is the wiring for my bike. I've gone over my Clymers manual wiring diagram and The Gr/R (Green/Red) and Y/R (Yellow/Red) wires from the starer aren't shown to be on the diagram. At first I was stuck like what the fuck am I looking at??? But I've come to assume Gr/R is power and connected it to the black wire (eliminated the butt connectors and twisted the two together) and it cranks with the aid of a shimmy, I'm not getting any consistency. I still have to play with the wires and solenoid to get stronger and more consistent clicks.

if anyone can help point me in any sort of direction to get it to run consistently or point me in any directions to hopefully get my baby right? I appreciate any help guru's below are pictures Thanks

oh p.s. if anyone can help me figure out what these are that would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 18:26 #801473 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Starter solenoid/gremlins [83 KZ440 LTD Belt]
The thing in the last two photos looks like an auxiliary fuse box. It's for add-ons. But it is not shown on the diagram you posted. Is it possible the diagram is for a slightly different model?

To confirm it's fuses, you can open up the small black box thing.

Notice, you also have the bike's main fuse box in the photo. It's the larger box with more wires, and it should be labeled "fuses" or something similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewYorKZ440

More
03 Apr 2019 20:26 #801477 by NewYorKZ440
Replied by NewYorKZ440 on topic Starter solenoid/gremlins [83 KZ440 LTD Belt]
THAT'S FOR AUXILLARY ?!?!? Ok cool that's awesome. I was racking my head trying to figure out what it could possibly connect to.

I also checked other diagrams and none of them have those wires from the Solenoid. Shit they don't even have GR/R. Do you have any idea why it works better when i mess with the wires ?