Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Switched to LED indicator lights and now turn signals stay on... 17 Jan 2019 12:26 #796955

• newkzrider18
  • newkzrider18's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,
I recently changed my speedometer/tachometer setup. The indicator lights are now in the speedometer and are LEDs. I installed diodes so that not all 4 turn signals come on when using the turn signal switch, but now my turn signals stay on! No blink!

I switched to LED turn signals and changed my old relay to an electronic one and they operated like they should, but now when I changed the indicator lights from the old incandescent bulbs to the LEDs the turn signals just stay on!

Rechecked my wiring for the indicator lights, power and grounds connected.
Rechecked the wiring to the turn signals, power and grounds connected.
Electronic relay is connected.

So I really don't have a clue...
I just think it means they are getting too much voltage, but shouldn't the relay handle that?
Is there a difference when buying electronic flasher relays?
It looks like they are only rated by voltage and I got the 12V one. Maybe there is a difference in current too, but looks like sellers don't list that.
Thanks!

- Chris
1980 KZ 440 LTD Model A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Switched to LED indicator lights and now turn signals stay on... 17 Jan 2019 13:02 #796956

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1896
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationYou need a load/current independent indicator relay.
Normal indicator relays need min. 30 Watt of load to work properly (2 x 21 Watt bulb).
A LED indicator system only have 2 x 5 Watt of load.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: newkzrider18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Scirocco.
  • Page: