Fried electrical

More
24 Aug 2018 19:22 - 24 Aug 2018 20:40 #789727 by Togoster
Fried electrical was created by Togoster
A classical example of a fried wiring harness. It is doubtful that you’d miss the amount of thick grey smoke that resulted in this barbecue. This loom came with my $100 1984 Geep. Guy said it needed the carbs synced and a battery.

Do zoom in on that wire that used to be copper and insulated. It's of sufficient resolution that you can, I've checked.

Get your motor running!

84 GPZ750
81 R100RS
83 GSX750ES
80 KZ1000 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Aug 2018 20:40 by Togoster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2018 19:38 - 24 Aug 2018 20:42 #789728 by Togoster
Replied by Togoster on topic Fried electrical
It didn't need a battery because the one that came with it is still there but it did need a sync - and a sheeit load of other things as well.

Cheap old bikes, the buy in of which is likely be lowest cost that you'll endure. If it's not, then I feel bad for you because you may have made an error in judgement.

After I bought this bike he backtracked a bit and said, well, you can always part it out for more. Since I lived down the road he must have second guessed this sale as well as how candid he was about what was wrong with it.

That's okay, let the buyer beware! And besides, he was right, I certainly could part this out for more but not without effort, shipping charges, ebay and PayPal charges. Don't fall victim to that jive! Your time is money and I get tired of hearing it. Just because I'm older doesn't mean I'm not savvy.

He knew, it didn't start and so he just laid on that starter button until it just fried the positive because all those contacts needed attention.

IDGAF, next idiot with a $100 bike please step up!

Now I ride it past his house daily and wave, haven't gone about making it pretty. Just focusing on making it sound, safe and fun.

Get your motor running!

84 GPZ750
81 R100RS
83 GSX750ES
80 KZ1000 LTD
Last edit: 24 Aug 2018 20:42 by Togoster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.