Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1983 kawasaki kz 440 ltd belt Drive Wiring Diagram 26 May 2018 08:35 #784064

• Ngand
  • Ngand's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So i found a general repair manual for my kz 440 but i think it only applies to the years 1980-82 I have been through quite a bit of searching and cannot find a wiring diagram (or repair manual) for a kz 440 ltd belt drive 1983 online. Does anyone know where i can get the free version of the manual for it or at least the wiring diagram?? I have found this Manual does anyone know if this provider is legit, im on a bit of a budget so i dont really like the idea of spending 20 on just a wiring diagram...

Any help is very much appreciated thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1983 kawasaki kz 440 ltd belt Drive Wiring Diagram 26 May 2018 10:00 #784073

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
KZ400.com has a number of wiring diagrams for the 440 models. I saw a couple for the 82-83 440D. One in color is from the Kawasaki manual & another one in black-&-white is from either the Clymer or Haynes manual.

You might be able to find an FSM on eebbaayy. I did not see one for 1983, but there are a few that cover the 82 440s.
Books4Cars is another place to check. I bought a manual from there quite a while ago. Before ordering I called to verify the color of the cover & the model application chart on the back cover. Someone there was able to walk to the stacks, grab the manual & read the info over the phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ngand

Last edit: by martin_csr.

1983 kawasaki kz 440 ltd belt Drive Wiring Diagram 09 Jun 2020 05:57 #827646

• 440aboveall
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Did you ever find a wiring diagram for your 83 LTD? I'm having some starting issues where my headlight and starter are not getting any power. I am too looking for a diagram for my 83.

1983 kawasaki kz 440 ltd belt Drive Wiring Diagram 09 Jun 2020 09:40 #827673

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Here's the 1982 diagram. It will be similar, if not the same, as the 1983 model for most things. The only major changes might be autocancelling turn signals and other "fancy" features, but the basic ignition and charging systems will be the same.

There might be kickstand switches which will affect the ignition, but are easily bypassed.

You can see the fuses that are connected directly to the battery are just for add-on accessories, so they are usually not used for anything..

Attachments:

Last edit: by loudhvx.
  • Page: