• Page:

TOPIC:

Blinkers 15 Aug 2018 20:05 #788981

• perrykz1000
  • perrykz1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
  • Thank you received: 32
new battery, always on battery tender. does the same running or not. Right at 12.6 volts , idling 13 volts , reving engine 13 to 14 volts..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by perrykz1000.

Blinkers 16 Aug 2018 09:17 #789021

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1030
The only grounds I'm aware of are the signals (up to all four) and the main ground from the battery. There should be two or maybe three wires at this ground point. The rectifier and/or the regulator may be grounded there along with the battery.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perrykz1000

Blinkers 16 Aug 2018 11:44 #789030

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435

650ed wrote: ..................................Also, the blinkers blinked slower than I thought they should. I replaced the stock flasher with a Tridon/Stant 552 2 prong unit and the problem went away. Ed

Same here
An inexpensive solution from any auto parts store
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Blinkers 16 Aug 2018 13:06 #789037

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
I would replace the turn signal flashers with an electronic unit.

Here's a couple from autozone. Made in USA.

Novita Turn Signal Flasher. Tridon® EL12. Electro-mechanical flasher.

Novita Hazard Warning Flasher. Tridon® LL552®. Made in USA.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Blinkers 16 Aug 2018 18:56 #789081

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
Tried the LL552 flasher no difference. One more question what is the diodes purpose in the wire next to the turn signal flasher?

Blinkers 16 Aug 2018 19:58 #789092

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
What have I done now????? Put everything back together and NOW when I turn on key , motor running or not the turn signal indictators are dimly lit , turn headlight on high beam the turn signal indicators get brighter , the high beam headlight does go to high beam BUT the high beam indicator does not light up????? When blinker is on the other lights still dim with every blink. Either the bike is trying to drive me crazy or I already am?? maybe the bike is haunted. If the diode wired to the turn signal goes bad what would happen or what would that cause. I am going over ""AGAIN"" the wiring diagram........HELP.........

Blinkers 16 Aug 2018 21:07 #789096

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
Do you have the hazard switch, beeper and relay? I'd try disconnecting the "diode" . It might be the hazard regulator.
Steve

Blinkers 17 Aug 2018 07:51 #789123

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!

perrykz1000 wrote: What have I done now????? Put everything back together and NOW when I turn on key , motor running or not the turn signal indictators are dimly lit , turn headlight on high beam the turn signal indicators get brighter , the high beam headlight does go to high beam BUT the high beam indicator does not light up????? When blinker is on the other lights still dim with every blink. Either the bike is trying to drive me crazy or I already am?? maybe the bike is haunted. If the diode wired to the turn signal goes bad what would happen or what would that cause. I am going over ""AGAIN"" the wiring diagram........HELP.........

Well , I found the new problem stated above.... When I put the headlight back together one of the ground wires came unplugged ,got to be more careful with the wires when putting the headlight back on.. WHEW.... Still have the dimming problem when using the blinker. SWest ,I took diode out still the same?? MAYBE , I will get this figured out sometime hopefully , before the bike gets the best of me..... Thanks for ALL the help!!!!!!

Blinkers 17 Aug 2018 07:53 #789124

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!

SWest wrote: Do you have the hazard switch, beeper and relay? I'd try disconnecting the "diode" . It might be the hazard regulator.
Steve

Doesnt have the hazard flasher previous owner took off I guess , it did have the flasher for the hazards and the left handle bar control has been changed (no hazard control button??)

Blinkers 17 Aug 2018 10:04 #789133

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1030
I looked at the wiring diagram. The diode prevents the flasher from operating in either direction. The hazard indicator is a separate flasher and is not directly connected to the turn signal flasher.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

• Page: