Tick noise, no start kz 750

More
11 May 2018 14:08 #783219 by Tesk
Tick noise, no start kz 750 was created by Tesk
I put the key on and push the button, but no start only a click noise. Does someone knows? Please need help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2018 16:44 #783222 by mopguy
Replied by mopguy on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
You need to engage the clutch first, then the starter button.

I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

More
12 May 2018 15:31 #783259 by riturbo
Replied by riturbo on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
Is the battery charged

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tesk

More
12 May 2018 15:40 #783260 by urankjj
Replied by urankjj on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
Bad connection, starter. Give the starter a slight tap if you can, like for a car starter, might help . . . . . . I really hate Tics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tesk

More
12 May 2018 17:53 #783270 by Tesk
Replied by Tesk on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
Yes its charged. I charged it again just in case

More
12 May 2018 17:54 #783271 by Tesk

urankjj wrote: Bad connection, starter. Give the starter a slight tap if you can, like for a car starter, might help . . . . . . I really hate Tics.

I opened the starter and put new carbons but no help. I bought a new solenoid relay but no help, I charged the battery but no help. What else can I do

More
12 May 2018 19:42 #783275 by urankjj
Replied by urankjj on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
Earlier post said you have to pull in the clutch lever before hitting the start button. Like in a car, (standard transmission ). Push the clutch pedal in then hit the key. Is there a fuse somewhere involved ? Or try to power the starter remotely to check for a bad starter..

More
13 May 2018 05:42 - 13 May 2018 05:54 #783279 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
How old is the battery and what type is it? What type of charger are you using?
Did the battery sit for a while without being used or charged?
Did you test the battery voltage after charging and load test the battery?
It should be at least 12.6 VDC, but a good battery will be higher after charging with a good motorcycle charger.
Last edit: 13 May 2018 05:54 by JMKZHI.

More
13 May 2018 06:13 #783282 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Tick noise, no start kz 750
If the solenoid clicks It is being activated regardless of pulling in the clutch or not.
If it had a starter lockout switch it wouldn't click.
If your ( new solenoid ) clicks then the live lead to the started should be powered.
You need to check the starter lead is live when the starter button is pressed which will then rule out anything before the starter assuming that the battery is good and also that the engine has a good earth connection.
Despite replacing the brushes the starter can still be faulty, burnt out, miss -wired, de-magnetised, seized etc.
You need to check that the starter spins when off the bike.
If it spins with force off the bike but not when installed there may be issues with the starter clutch or idler gear (jammed) or even a locked engine.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

More
13 May 2018 22:15 #783318 by Tesk

zed1015 wrote: If the solenoid clicks It is being activated regardless of pulling in the clutch or not.
If it had a starter lockout switch it wouldn't click.
If your ( new solenoid ) clicks then the live lead to the started should be powered.
You need to check the starter lead is live when the starter button is pressed which will then rule out anything before the starter assuming that the battery is good and also that the engine has a good earth connection.
Despite replacing the brushes the starter can still be faulty, burnt out, miss -wired, de-magnetised, seized etc.
You need to check that the starter spins when off the bike.
If it spins with force off the bike but not when installed there may be issues with the starter clutch or idler gear (jammed) or even a locked engine.

Pinpoint accuracy, did what you said and it worked. Just dissasembly the starter then grease the parts that needed to be grease. And new brushes, works like a f****** charm now.