Help I'm almost there!!

More
06 May 2018 22:52 #782997 by menace
Help I'm almost there!! was created by menace
So I am connecting the hand controls to the harness I have 3 wires left with no where to plug anything in I don't know what to do. I have 2 male black wires and one female brown. The only way I can get it to turn over is by touching the two male black wires together. I had the
male black controls wire plugged into the coil and it popped the fuse and fried my the starter button. Smoke even came from the starter button hand controls .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2018 04:02 #782998 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Help I'm almost there!!
Hi menace, please indicate the model and year of the bike (good to put that information in signature). People may be able to tell you immediately once they have that information. There are also electrical diagrams for most models right here on KZRider located in the Filebase section (see top of page for the Filebase option). But attempt further to start it if you saw smoke. Not until you are sure it is wired correctly. Otherwise, you will compromise the wiring harness. A new replacement harness would set you back a $150 bucks or so. Best of luck.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

More
07 May 2018 05:34 #783001 by menace
Replied by menace on topic Help I'm almost there!!
Sorry it was really late and I had an IPA or two. Correction I have two black males a female brown and the double female from the 1&4 coil that's green and a double female black from from the 2&3 coil . It's a 1977 A Model 1000 with dyna ignition . That's the only modified part of the wiring that I have seen on the whole bike.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
07 May 2018 06:20 #783005 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Help I'm almost there!!
The two black wires are for the starter solenoid.
Steve

More
07 May 2018 07:53 #783011 by menace
Thanks for the help guys. I'm trying to figure out which plug goes where it should all just hook up. If the colors do not match on the wires I always mark then before I take them apart. I'm trying to figure out how I have two male ends and no where to plug them in without smoking wires. I have the black wire from the 1&4 coil that has two females. I have a green wire from 2&3 with a two pin female, I have a brown female and two black males ends. Any ideas?
Attachments:

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
07 May 2018 19:25 #783042 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Help I'm almost there!!
That's a Dyna S connection to the coils.
Steve

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
09 May 2018 07:10 #783115 by menace
thanks for the diagram steve. i have that all connected correctly its the factory wires that i cant figure out. im hoping someone out there has the same bike as me and could take a look at theres to tell me what i have wrong or which wires go where. this blows im right freaking there. i feel like im going to loose it.