no spark fro one coil

More
04 Apr 2018 16:30 #781295 by NINJA DAVE
no spark fro one coil was created by NINJA DAVE
HI guys have a 79 KZ 650 US import here in UK ,the bike was off rd dry stored for over 9 yrs due to ill health by owner.My friend bought the bike and he says he drained carbs,fuel tank put fresh fuel in with new battery and spark plugs and bike was running ok except it would cutout when idiling carbs needing cleaned Unfortunatley it has been stored in a rather damp place for approx 2 yrs and i have the bike now.i put new battery in got ignition but nothing else.replaced glass fuses and it was firing but no spark to any cylinders,then took all wiring block connectors,spade connectors for tightness ,corrosion sprayed contact cleaner cleaned points,and now i am getting spark to cylinders supplied by right coil all be it a bit weak and nothing to cylinders from left coil my thought is replacing coil and getting new battery as this battery was one i had and charged up for testing ,being more used to modern bikes and no electrical wizard by any means any info would be greatly appreciated as its very annoying and dont want to waste money,time needlessly and is holding up restoring the bike which apart from rechroming some parts being repainted seat recovered and other minor things as id rather it was running first,if possible many thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2018 19:14 #781300 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic no spark fro one coil
Have you made sure the points are in good condition? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.