spimplified wiring questions, kz750 twin

More
16 Feb 2018 11:55 #778881 by kzswe
Hi!

I managed to find a wiring diagram for my 82 s1 and now im in the process of redoing it.
My goal is to simplify it alot and remove a bunch of "usless" functions and get some cleaner handlebar controls.

I got most of it under control i belive but theres a few questionmarks i was hoping you guys could help me straighten out..

First, the resistor before the dimmer switch, what is its purpose ? And.. My new handlebar controls are very weak so i play on using relays for the headlight, do i still need the resistor?

Second, I got a new headlight without a city light. The rear position light is hooked up to that same red "tail1" city light wire, is it alright to cut that out and feed it of the blue "tail 2" cable?
Depending on the answer on Q1 , will that resistor cause problems if i add more stuff to that cable ?

Ive attatched the diagram if anyone feel they got the energy to take a look and sorry if the questions are retarded, its only because i am retarded =)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2018 12:56 - 16 Feb 2018 12:57 #778885 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic spimplified wiring questions, kz750 twin
It's very difficult to read the writing on the wiring diagram. So some of this is guesswork.

The resistor appears to make the main headlight slightly dimmer. Then there appears to be what is possibly a "passing" switch, which bypasses the resistor to temporarily give full power to the headlight.

If you want full power to the headlight, you can just replace the resistor with a wire. I'm not sure which bulb you have, but make sure it can take full 12v all the time (most likely it can). The passing function will be eliminated then.

You can tie the tail light to the main power wire, which is usually brown om most Kz's, then the parking light feature will be bypassed.

I don't think the resistor has any effect on the small bulb in the headlight bucket. That is a European thing (as is the resistor). The American version doesn't have either feature.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2018 12:57 by loudhvx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzswe

More
16 Feb 2018 13:38 #778887 by kzswe
Replied by kzswe on topic spimplified wiring questions, kz750 twin
Good news, thanks alot!